BondDesk ECN

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by qazmax, May 11, 2005.

1. qazmax

qazmax

Can anyone give me details on this bond ECN and its functionality? I have been to the website, www.bonddeskgroup.com but I am still unclear on how they operate.

Are people trading bonds just like an equities ECN now?

:)

2. trade24

trade24

this company provides a system for firms looking to buy/sell oddlot bonds (and bigger pieces if available) this would not be open to the general public..you would need a clearing relationship, an alpha # and a npid#..so to answer your questions,,its not liking trading on ecn's

3. dinn13

dinn13

actually this is available to the general public through interactive brokers. they give you access to bonddesk ecn, nyse automated bond system, and the timber hill bond auto-execution. so you can trade bonds like you would anything else, although the spreads are pretty wide for the bonds i've looked at

4. Bob111

Bob111

functionality is explained here-

http://www.bonddeskgroup.com/products/systems.html

and as far as i understand they do same job as other ECNs do.
    as been said in previous post-you can try to trade bonds like stocks,they are avialiable for public thru IB system, but spreads and liquidity is an issue. and of course you have to trade huge lots to make some $$

5. qazmax

qazmax

Has anyone used the IB connection and want to share their experience? Or does one of TP's minions want to promote this service?

Also, what types of bonds trade on this ECN?

I think we would like to see some screen shots if anyone had some.

6. Ebo

Ebo

What's wrong with trading 10 or 30 Year Bond futures?
    Are they not liquid enough for you?

7. IBsoft

IBsoft Interactive Brokers

These are corporate bonds.

8. Question for IB:

Are you going to add US Treasury cash bond trading to your system? There is more liquidity on the screen in treasuries than in corporates!

9. IBsoft

IBsoft Interactive Brokers

Maybe later. It is not in the immediate plans.

10. qazmax

qazmax

IB Soft... can you post some screen shots (with old data) or is that a compliance faux pas over there?

#10     May 12, 2005