Bond Trader 2007

Discussion in 'Journals' started by johnpinochet, Feb 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. For those who may look at this much later in the future, the date of this post we hit a low for the week, then rallied a couple of points on 11 Dec 2007, followed by a couple of points down to close the week at 113 26 according to the CBOT ZBH8 quote.

The point? Per the quote, exit, wait and short again. Nothing spectacular, just a combination of using common sense, i.e. take profits at predetermined levels, be wary of important report days, and finally the assistance of my WGSR stuff.

Status remains the same: i.e. 30 year yield is a buy, thus ZBH8 is a short.

We are in the middle of a move, so if you aren't in already you should wait for an ideal entry. The only other consideration is that we've been in a multi-day/multi-week down trend on the ZBH8 daily so odds are that a multi-day buying (long ZBH8) opportunity is coming up soon.

#1071     Dec 14, 2007
  2. Just an FYI, with the holidays plus other commitments I won't be able to post much. Any shorts from last week should have stopped out for a profit on Monday or worst case Tuesday.

Based on my analysis, the following numbers are very important to watch:

115 24
    115 08

Yesterday's activity (19 Dec 2007) on the 30 year yield tells me that something is going on in terms of a possible change in trend. The 30 year yield daily chart lows printed yesterday, started playing with the daily range established on 06 Dec 2007.

So, in conclusion, I was waiting for an ideal short entry, however based on the above 30 year yield activity, I'm simply going to bide my time. If I see a good setup on the hourly I may take it. Otherwise, I think now is a good time to take a break for a week or more.

My bias has changed from short the ZB, to cautious based on the daily 30 year yield chart.

The hourly on the other hand, using my same chart setup as the daily has been bullish since Tuesday.

#1072     Dec 20, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.