bond futures

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by Vinny1, Jun 20, 2002.

1. nitro

nitro

You are learning!

When I start to really get pissed, it means I held that piece of shit too long.

nitro

#41     Jun 16, 2003
  2. He he Seth,

My loser on ZN was an early morning short that stopped out!

And I was so sure after that it was going to rally even more....

Think I'll see if an ice pick helps my judgment.

Geo.

:(

#42     Jun 16, 2003
  3. trader99

trader99

Yeah, I shorted the ZN. I don't think there was 20 ticks upward movement in ZN. Maybe in the early early morning.

#43     Jun 16, 2003
  4. I was looking for something with a substance for a while and found nothing. Best is, IMO just watch Bonds and Indexes for intermarket divergences .
    Walter

#44     Jun 17, 2003
  5. BTW, CBOT launched a redesigned website this weekend, I think. It has an interest rate products section and charts with correct symbols that you can actually find.

Check it out.

Geo.:)

#45     Jun 17, 2003
  6. 3dog

3dog

#46     Jun 17, 2003
  7. Bone and others,

Very good points. From my observation of others and my own experience trading futures, the Fixed Income Futures markets are a much better trade than the Indexes right now. There are too many traders going after the same trade in eminis and that makes it tougher. In addition, a couple of very large prop houses are trying to dominate the screen the way Baldwin and Charlie D did in Bonds several years ago.

If you are a technical trader, try trading the Bund or the Ten year. They are extremely technical and I believe easier to manage than the eminis. Since deciding to leave FFastTrade I have been using a system called PowerPoints and it has been very useful in giving me key resistance and support levels. It is a Proprietary Pivot Point Model, but the commentary has been spot on with this rally in Bonds and Euros.

They offer a free trial: www.powerpoints.net

To make it perfectly clear, I have no affiliation with Powerpoints aside from the Author is an old friend from the Trading Floor. Good Luck!

Risk Less

#47     Jun 17, 2003
  8. Bonds have been a good short for the past couple of days.

This might, however be staging for an even stronger rally up.

#48     Jun 18, 2003
  9. How can a couple of prop firms dominant the screens on the emini when they are trading 700,000 plus contracts a day? I don't get it.

#49     Jun 18, 2003
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

They don't. The pit does about 250k contracts a day. That is the equivalent of 1.2 million minis's alone. Plus you have to figure that half those guys are arbing the mini with the pit contract. So that leaves about 300k mini's a day which originate outside the pit. So no, I would say that no prop firm or group of prop firms dominate the screen on the mini's. Pretty silly actually if you think about it.

#50     Jun 18, 2003