Bond Futures

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Sarasota, Dec 19, 2002.

1. Guys,

If you trade actively in the Bonds, you should definitely look into leasing a Seat to save on fees. The Member rates compared to Non-member rates are dramatic. The cost of Leasing an AM seat is under $1200 per month.

Bond traders tend to trade in much larger clip sizes than the eminis so this is an important consideration.

The Exchange fees for non-members are $1.25 compared to $.35 for members delegates(lessees).

1500 lots per month and it makes sense.

Good Luck and take a look at our rate at FFastTrade. We are really trying to get more Bond business so we are aggressive. We just started to advertise on Elitetrader. Take a look at the website: www.ffasttrader.com Bonds starting at $3.70 Round trip.

#21     Jan 15, 2003
  2. Can anyone direct me to a site where I can learn more about the economic reports that affect Eurex Bund Trading. I don't need sites that show contract specs, just sites that show or describe possible reports that could be gotchas when one has a Bund position. Thanks in advance

#22     Jan 29, 2003
  3. Open outcry via pit, or price matched electronically.

Jay

#23     Jan 29, 2003
  4. Sioux

Sioux

#24     Jan 29, 2003
  5. josbarr

josbarr

6. Now I have stuff to read when I prepare for tomorrows' Bund session. Thanks again.

#26     Jan 29, 2003
  7. ramuk

ramuk

I thougt that the 30 yr bond and 10 yr note yields are
    denoted by $TYX and $TNX

Is this not true ?

Can one not use the price action in these instruments (TNX etc)
    to predict the action in the futures (bond and notes). This
    is for slightly longer term predictions (a few days)

If not, what exactly is the use of hte TNX and TYX, other than
    to plot the yield curve ?

#27     Jan 29, 2003
  8. :)

#28     Jan 29, 2003

9. Are those for the cash market bonds, not the futures? Should be a very similar relationship, but not complete correlation.

#29     Jan 31, 2003
  10. nitro

nitro

$TYX is the thirty year yield. $TNX is the ten yield.

nitro

#30     Jan 31, 2003