Bond futures - data feed - IB issue this evening???

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Palindrome, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Palindrome

Palindrome

Anyone notice, that there are no quotes for bond futures on the charts?

I use IB and the chart aint moving since close late this afternoon. I also use Think or swim and that too seems halted?

Whats the issue, anyone know?

2. jharmon

jharmon

US holiday perhaps

3. Palindrome

Palindrome

From CME Group website... Does this mean all futures reopen tomorrow night at 6pm eastern?

CHICAGO, Dec. 2, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CME Group today announced that it will observe the passing of President George H. W. Bush with a moment of silence at 7:18 a.m. Central Time on Monday, Dec. 3, 2018, and closure of its U.S.-based equity and interest rate futures and options products on Wednesday, Dec. 5, 2018, the national day of mourning. All other markets on CME Globex, CME ClearPort and the trading floor will remain open for regular trading hours on Dec. 5.

"We are deeply saddened by the passing of President George H. W. Bush," said CME Group Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Terry Duffy. "He was a strong leader and patriot who dedicated his life to serving our country. With a distinguished legacy as a committed family man and selfless public servant, he was admired worldwide. I am privileged to have known him personally and send heartfelt condolences to the Bush family."

Trading hours for CME Group U.S.-based equity products on Dec. 5 will include an abbreviated session, closing after overnight trading at 8:30 a.m. Central Time and reopening at their regularly scheduled times for a trade date of Dec. 6. Interest rate products will close at their regular times on Dec. 4 and will not reopen until their regularly scheduled times for the trade date of Dec. 6. Equity and interest rate options expiring on Wednesday, Dec. 5 will be moved to expire on Tuesday, Dec. 4, 2018.

4. Overnight

Overnight

Yeah, everything is back to normal at 6PM ET tomorrow evening. That's all that really matters. Everyone should just stay out from now until then if they cannot handle these weird ideas about "trading dates".

And the Aussies must be freaking out! hehe!

Palindrome likes this.