Bombshell •China Faces `Unprecedented Difficulties' in Attracting Foreign Investment

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, Jul 2, 2009.

1. :D I can't help to laugh at your comments. unless US starting new wars, or devalue its currencies( USD and JPY), I just don't see how US can get out this mess. LOL, If more deflation is coming, then owning debts will always better than in cash.

#21     Jul 2, 2009
  2. The China 'story,' when all the real facts are revealed, will be the bombshell story over the next several years.

It will destroy the myth that China is destined to rise to the role of the world's biggest economy in the next 25 years, let alone 50.

China built its economy on what is essentially 'dumping,' using slave labor to produce cheap goods for foreign markets, whose consumers are no longer buying (at least not in anywhere near the numbers that they were) what China's selling.

#22     Jul 2, 2009

3. The USD may actually be king of all, despite protestations to the contrary, as foreign economies, including those in many emerging markets, do a kamikaze dive.

#23     Jul 2, 2009
  4. "China faces major Banking and Financial issues that potentially could be far worse than that suffered in the US."

Isn't that what you wrote? So, I still assume you picked this up from somewhere without actually thinking about what you wrote for a single second.

Cheers

#24     Jul 2, 2009
  5. Johno

Johno

My posts refered to Chinas' actual Banking and Finance problems researched by credible professional analyists! Could also explain why large companies are not falling over themselves to sieze opportunities in China!

Regards

Johno

#25     Jul 2, 2009
  6. a buddy of mine takes trips to guangzhou and all over pearl river delta monthly. he covers small caps in hk, up until the stimulus package that area was absolutely dead, now businesses that should be bankrupt are up and running again.

#26     Jul 2, 2009
  7. Johno

Johno

And when the money runs out, what then?

Regards

Johno

#27     Jul 2, 2009
  8. really? Can you cite a single credible source (no blogs or youtube please) that mentions "hundreds of thousands of factories HAVE been closed"? Also maybe some details on the average size of such firms? I am asking because pretty much every other person on the street runs a business of some sorts.

That was exactly my point, I am not defending China in any way, I am just allergic against dudes who pick up ill-researched stories and make them sound even more extreme than they actually are.

#28     Jul 2, 2009
  9. I will post the OP again, which I almost never do - but I feel some here don't understand or believe the gravity of China's problems.

Why would a Chinese Official in such a central role and prominent position sound this particular alarm bell?

Give me a good answer. I'm all ears.

#29     Jul 2, 2009
  10. ih boy, believe me, those consumers are coming back, where else do they buy such products. The UK has sold out but its last productive capacity long time ago and virtually every consumer product is made in China. Such demand could not even be met if you moved all production to Vietnam, Thailand and the whole rest of South Asia. I have no idea where your antagony to China is coming from.

You know, a good company is not always a great stock. On the same token, because China violates human rights or has a lot to catch up with does not correlate with a faltering or even collabsing economy. You can dislike some of the practices in China as much as you like it wont change the fact that this century belongs China.

#30     Jul 2, 2009