Bombing at US base narrowly misses Cheney

Discussion in 'Politics' started by WAKE-UP, Feb 27, 2007.

1. WAKE-UP

WAKE-UP

Cheney unhurt in blast at U.S. base in Afghanistan

BAGRAM AIRBASE, Afghanistan (Reuters) - A suicide bomber killed at least 10 people on Tuesday in an attack on the main U.S. military base in Afghanistan where Vice President Dick Cheney was visiting after an unannounced visit.

U.S. officials said Cheney was not hurt in the blast -- which took place outside a gate at the sprawling Bagram Airbase, about 60 km (40 miles) from Kabul -- but a U.S. soldier died.

Soon after the blast, Cheney went ahead with planned talks with Afghan President Hamid Karzai in the capital, Kabul.

http://www.reuters.com/article/newsO...25137820070227

(An "unannounced" visit? The Taliban must have some very good spies. I also note that the death of a US soldier did not deter the plucky Cheney from his scheduled meeting with the puppet Karzai.)

2. Pathus

Pathus

Yeah like a suicide bomb at an entrance is anywhere near Chenvey. Intelligence my ass.

3. Better luck next time. :mad:

4. Stupid, ignorant asshole.

5. Any attempt on someone's life is morally wrong and should be condemned. I hate dickie boy, but I was shocked to hear this. I hope they can find the planners of that attack and bring them to justice.

6. PLATER

PLATER

Correct Maji the taking of any life is wrong whether its African, Arab,US or whatever!

Out of who knows how many visits by whoever statesman a near miss is unavoidable by pure randomness.
    Wake up again is talking complete and utter nonsense.

Oh wakey,leave those poor kiddies alone as well you freak

7. Doesnt sound that "narrow" at all. Quite wide, in fact.

Media beat up bollocks. Now, if there were a few quail in the area, it might be different...............