Bollinger Bands

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Spxdes, Jan 27, 2007.

1. :D

#41     Feb 11, 2007
  2. 4XIS4U

4XIS4U

Funny but I'm not John or Hubert, AND, most importantly the squeeze was not created by them -- let's just say they borrowed the idea from the Tradestation forum...

:D :D

#42     Feb 11, 2007
  3. Hello,

Could you kindly post the settings for BB Bands and Keltner Channels you are using if it is O.K. with you.

Regards

Saji

#43     Feb 11, 2007
  4. 4XIS4U

4XIS4U

Saji

BB - 20 periods, 2 stddev
    KC - 20 periods, 1.5 stdev

#44     Feb 11, 2007
  5. I like they way you still keep the O/H/L/C lines because the detail is still apparent unlike a c-stick method.

Akuma

#45     Feb 11, 2007
  6. I realize that you most likely are not Hubert or John but isn't that
    the TTM squeeze indicator at the bottom of your chart that they
    sell for over $18,000 or whatever it is?...:p

#46     Feb 12, 2007
  7. 4XIS4U

Cool. Yet another way to measure volatility. Works pretty well as a scanning parameter for the daily charts too.

Many thanks.

#47     Feb 12, 2007
  8. Here is a little tip I adapted from someone else.

Put a 1 Std dev and 3 stdev BB over a price chart. If price is in a trend it will trade between the 1 and 3 stdev bands and when it moves back out the trend is usually reversing. So when the bands get narrown the breakout from the 1 zone into the 1<zone<3 is the start of the trend and you can go long or short.

The move usually pulls back to the 1 STDv band and then continues so you usually get a second entry.

Try putting a 1stdev and 3 stdev BB over the price chart and you will see what I mean.

#48     Feb 12, 2007
  9. raker

raker

what period or length do you set the the bollinger bands when at 1 standard deviation and 3 standard deviation.

#49     Feb 12, 2007
  10. Sorry I left that out lol, I just use the 20 period and it works on daily as well as intraday on 5-minute charts. Honestly on breakouts you could trade on these two bands alone.

I have been developing rules with them as I trade off of them and make good and bad trades. There are good trending channels between the bands.

Also add a 20 and 40 period EMA to the chart for great pullback support and resistance. Also add pivot points for additional support or resistance. I am working on ways to use only these indicators which give great breakout entries. Jury is still out so take it all with a grain of salt.

Still perfecting it so to speak but some of you might have success with it. I can post a chart or two when I get a chance.

#50     Feb 12, 2007