Bollinger Bands on Spreads

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by LivToTrade, May 1, 2002.

1. Hello traders. I'm looking for charting programs that are very good with spread trading in equities. If you know of any that can put Bollinger bands on spreads or put 3 line break charts out of spreads, I would appreciate hearing about them. Thanks in advance and good trading. :)

2. BOLLINGER BANDS CAN BE PUT AROUND 3 LINE BREAK DISPLAY USING METASTOCK SOFTWARE (EOD AND RT). I AM NOT CLEAR WHAT YOU MEAN BY SPREAD TRADING EQUITIES SO CANT COMMENT ON THAT ONE UNLESS YOU CLARIFY.

3. nitro

nitro

"spread trading in equities" probably means "matched pairs" trading.

nitro

4. AT Financial has a nice setup for spreads and BB's can be put around the spreads but I don't think it has 3 point break charts.

5. H2O

H2O

Here are the ones I use (And I can do almost anything with)

- 2Hedge (www.2hedge.com) a brand new program (I have good contacts with the develloper but only take a look at the results and you know why I like it) Kind of mechanical trading software but you declare all things yourselve.

- Fibonacci Trader (www.fibonaccitrader.com) Read my rating on this

Both are very suitable for spread trading.

Email me if you have more questions.

6. Thanks SP500SYSTEMTRADER, Nitro, big jdez, and Rsprengers and anyone else who posts after this message. Nitro’s right, I was talking about stock pairs, matched or unmatched. Sorry if I wasn’t clear. I’ll look into all of your suggestions. Thanks again! :)

7. H2O

H2O

LivToTrade,

I think I understand what you are looking for. I do scalping and spread trading because this is the only way I can fully focus on scalping.

If you have any questions regarding 2Hedge (I know the develloper) or FibonacciTrader (Long time user) do not hesitate to email

Forgot to tell you, On 2hedge you must click the McSpread link.There's also some info on FibonacciTrader.

8. Yes, I'm talking about matched pairs also, market neutral if you prefer. Do you track the spread between the 2 prices?.
    If you do then AT has that capability, as well as adding mov .averages, BB's etc.

9. SamW

SamW

I trade spreads and use AT. You can apply MAs to the spreads but cannot use Bollingers (unless there is some clever way I haven't figured out). With ESignal you can chart spreads and apply BBs.

10. nkhoi

nkhoi

• d.gif
      File size:
      26.1 KB
      Views:
    #10     May 2, 2002