Boise ID looking for mentor

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by Jeffare12, Oct 10, 2017.

1. maxinger

maxinger

I guess you are from Boise Idaho. Not sure about that state but I guess there are some manufacturing plants, many farmers over there. It is a nice huge state.

anyway, do go through elitetrader.
    I find there are tons of useful info from psychology, technical analysis, various financial instruments for trading, hardware software datafeed etc etc.

#21     Oct 11, 2017
    Jeffare12 likes this.
  2. Browse through the ET Journal section with charts.there are tons of threads where people trade live and post charts.Save your 200 bucks.No need for mentor then.

#22     Oct 11, 2017
    wrbtrader likes this.
  3. Jeffare12

Jeffare12

Okay thank you I will deffenitly look into it

#23     Oct 11, 2017
  4. expiated

expiated

Here are some places where you can get professional ideas about reading charts for free:

Harry Boxer

The Market Guys
    AJ Monte

Stock Market Timing
    Stephen Whiteside

Old School Chartist (I think this used to be $19.00 a month 7 years ago)
    sp500chart.com
    Jim Roof

The Ichimoku Cloud

The Trading Book (I don't think she does it for free anymore.)
    Anne-Marie Baiynd
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVhmmoS613E

#24     Oct 11, 2017
  5. d08

d08

Just $500 a day or $10k per month - that's nothing right, anyone can do it. A delivery guy in India earns that much!
    Good luck discussing trade ideals (sic).

#25     Oct 11, 2017
    Hooter likes this.
  6. ET180

ET180

What I said was absolutely correct. It's possible and quite easy to make $10k per month risk-free by going to the local bank and depositing enough money into a CD paying an annual rate of 0.5% if you have enough money...doesn't even require one to look at charts.

I disagree...depends on your broker. I'm paying about $0.35 per stock trade through IB. Selling options cost more, but not enough to rule out otherwise good strategies. There are many stocks for small accounts. Tastytrade.com has some good strategies for beginners with small accounts.

#26     Oct 11, 2017
  7. Jack1960

Jack1960

Many education vendors guarantee you will make $10000 a day, why settle for 500?

#27     Oct 11, 2017
    JesseJamesFinn1 and fordewind like this.
  8. Hubert Senters = Has that gift to talk a good game but doesn't put up, so he needs to shut up.

https://www.tradingschools.org/reviews/hubert-senters/

#28     Oct 14, 2017
  9. Hooter

Hooter

Practice on a real time sim (Das Trader Pro Paper?) a spend a couple of months with Tradenet or here: but DO NOT trade real $ till you are consistently profitable on the sim for a few months in a row minimum. You will spend less this way. Repeat as necessary. Note: sometimes i meet up w people via CL for a trading session but can't say that i have met good traders this way

#29     Oct 14, 2017
    ThunderThor likes this.
  10. Hooter

Hooter

i should say something regarding the results in the video: you must lower your position size and widen your stops with these volatile stocks like hmny this week. so instead of trading 10k lot size w 1% stop you likely need to trade 1/3 or 1/4 of your normal size and widen stop to 2-3%. hmny wiped out a lot of accounts this week (probably best for a newbie to just pass on crazy stocks like that). Thus, the rates of return in the video are suspect but the techniques are useful

#30     Oct 14, 2017