Bogus stop order filled at OEC -- what can I do?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by SideShowBob, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Today I placed a sell stop market order for a pit traded contract with OpenEcry. My stop was filled on the open at the opening price which is also the low of the day (and ABOVE my stop price). My stop was never penetrated but they filled it (and likely took the other side of the trade).

What recourse do I have if they won't make this right (their chat guy has been "checking" for an hour now)? Can I complain to the CFTC or someone else? I figured they wouldn't respond immediately given their other data issues but those have been resolved and their chat stud is not responding to my other questions about this.

I expect to get somewhat robbed on pit fills but I never expected to get pit fills when the criteria for the trade were not hit.

SSB

2. Apparently it's a non-issue, once I got the guy's attention he fixed it (they removed the trade). I guess I was correct in calling him a chat stud :D

Twice now they've had issues like this with OEC, twice they've made it right. I guess I will just shut up now :eek: