BofA issues CCs for illegal immigrants

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Pekelo, Feb 13, 2007.

1. S2007S

S2007S

#41     Feb 19, 2007
  2. dinoman

dinoman

As a contrarian play to this may already give you an insight into the fact that some Corporate American companies have run out of real ideas to screw Americans. So, now they are taking it to the illegal aliens.
    Either take advantage of it or learn that its time to show these pathetic companies that cannot provide a clear path to lift the markets higher. Shame on B.O.A and I am actually a fan of this company. I am just ashamed that this is the best idea that this company can currently come up with.

Just think about the context of this new move and ask yourself this. (To jump of the subject)

Is this country really safer? My P.O.P would say hell no! Our current G.O.V is nothing less than a Joke at best!

Our borders are like swiss cheese and not a one in W.A gives a rats ass.

Why? Its all about the almighty buck!

Consume this BS upside while you can because when it gives..... OH BOY WILL IT GIVE!

Enjoying the upside myself why I can!

:D

#42     Feb 19, 2007
  3. I echo your sentiments 100%. It is a myth that illegal immigration is beneficial to the US. Maybe to some businesses which do not want to pay their workers fair wages, but have no problem charging full price for their products as if it was produced by unionized workers. In the long run we as a society pay a heavy price for having illegal immigrants in the US. From Schools, through health care and prisons, the illegals are very well represented in all 3 categories (as recipients of course), each one costing a pretty penny to maintain.
    Naturally, there is a very simple solution for the illegal immigration - fines. Employing an illegal immigrant - $100,000 per worker payable to INS by the employer. I guarantee you nobody would hire them. As for illegal workers, crossing the border illegally - $1000 fine, repeat offenders - 30 days jail time + the fine.
    Another myth about illegals is that they are hard working decent people. The truth, most of hem are uneducated losers who could not make it in their own country and have no choice but to come to the US to do menial jobs for peanuts. Many are illiterate, or functional illiterates (and I am talking in their own native language not English), without any kind of traditions of reading to their kids or developing skills necessary to receive a sound upbringing. So they make several kids, apply for every social program to feed those kids, apply for free health care benefits, send their kids to school where they get free meals and free education. However, because in the house all that is done is watching soap operas and listening to loud music all day long, school becomes a place to find girlfriends and sharpen one's macho skills. Of course out of 100, 1 gets lucky and is smart enough to go to college and this is the one who is given as an example of how it s possible to become somebody coming from a family of illiterate peasants. Nobody really talks about the other 99 who want the American Dream but have no skills whatsoever to achieve it. This is where drugs, gangs, stealing and all kinds of criminal dealing take shape. One look at many of American immigrant hoods will confirm all of the above.

#43     Feb 20, 2007
  4. If a child is born in the U.S. to an illegal alien, I assume that the child is automatically a US citizen?

My question is what happens to the illegal parents if they get caught and what happens with the child that is a US citizen?

#44     Feb 20, 2007
  5. Knyyt

Knyyt

#1- Yes

#2 http://www.fairus.org/site/PageServer?pagename=iic_immigrationissuecenters4608

Usually nothing happens because the child when he/she/it turns 21 he/she/it will apply for their parents, ( hence the term, Anchor baby) which based on family provides immediate perm resident status, no waiting.

Regards,

#45     Feb 20, 2007
  6. Do you know why there is so much "contracting" and "subcontracting" in this country?

Major reasons:

Big business subcontracts out work which they deem "risky" to others because by doing so they can 99% of the time then claim to any investigative body that, well, "we didn't know", they're subcontractors! Of course they know!

$Millions, pehaps $Billions saved in liabilities/taxes since the small subcontractors usually cut costs, hire illegals, doesn't pay taxes here or there, goes bankrupt, etc, etc.

Big business welcomes the opportunity to serve illegals! And big business makes the rules. Not some bs govnmnt "law". You want changes? then quit supporting those big businesses which do not follow your ethics.

As for today's legal/illegal immigrant and their earnest desire to work hard and succeed? Well, I kind of agree with you there. They're not as hard-working/honest as those who came over 1-2-3-4 generations ago!

#46     Feb 20, 2007
  7. What if the child is 2 years old, can the parents, if caught, get deported? What happens to the kid then?

#47     Feb 20, 2007
  8. Will I am definitely not happy at the illegals in this country I think you and Saxon are a little off. I worked next to illegals, as 16 year old in the summer with my Dad's construction company, and they did back breaking work. Back then, nobody cared about illegals, this was mid 1980's. He dug ditches and I mixed and poured concrete. It was freakin' hard, hot work. Alot of them do jobs that most Americans would not. I think my Dad did it to teach me a lesson when I told him I wasn't sure if I wanted to go to college.

That said I draw the line when I see them in my neighborhood doing framing, electrical, and dry wall. Those were union jobs that paid well for guys who didn't want to go to college. I honestly believe alot of folks are like me. Nobody cared when they dug ditches, picked fruit, and clean homes/offices. Now they are taking away alot of unskilled labor jobs, some which used to union.

That same illegal I spoke of, whom no longer works for my dad, has a green card, makes 100k per year as a GC and drives and Escalade with a nice home too. Are all like him no, by no means. Do illegals suck off the social services tit? Absolutely. I am all for social programs for legals and residents, but I am also open to militarizing the border. I believe American government is so corrupt, thanks to big business pay offs, that it will be next to impossible to fine them $1000 per incident.

I agree with you two though, that due to a large influx of Illegal's kids in public schools they have to dumb everyone down to the lowest common denominator due to language issues and social problems.

I have re-thought my view on illegals somewhat because I wonder where we are going to get the money for Social Security/entitlement programs without them in the future? Birth rates are declining worldwide last time I checked. I am not opposed to giving some of them amnesty, but the fines should be atleast 5-6k per person, not the proposed 2-3k I have heard. Have a pay as you go plan. We can't round up to 20 mil illegals and send them back, it's not feasible, unless you find companies $1k per incident, which will never happen. What a mess we have on our hands. :eek:

#48     Feb 20, 2007