Boeing's 737 Max Software Outsourced to $9-an-Hour Engineers

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Banjo, Jun 29, 2019.

1. Banjo

Banjo

2. jharmon

jharmon

TLDR; Indian "engineers" at $9/hr versus competent designers at probably $150+/hr.

I love outsourcing complex programming projects. But I choose seriously experienced people. For even better results, I choose multiple of them to come up with solutions independently then I compare the results to come up with an even better hybrid.

As I learned a long time ago, TANSTAAFL in this field (trading).

Clearly it applies to aviation too.

3. SteveM

SteveM

49 years ago, Milton Friedman told America that businesses bear no social responsibility to the public or society because its only concern is to increase profits for itself and for its shareholders.

Boeing is what happens when you allow an engineering operation to be taken over by MBAs and bean counters, with the sole goal of "maximizing shareholder value."

4. RedDuke

RedDuke

This is so awful. F....n management need to be held accountable. Bastards.

JessieLivermore likes this.
  5. Banjo

Banjo

6. SunTrader

SunTrader

Got a link?

7. zdreg

zdreg

result on google in10 sec.

athlonmank8 likes this.
  8. Maverick1

Maverick1

Disgusting and shameful. Paul Tudor Jones has it right: the only way to save the benefits of capitalism is ethical/just capitalism. Left to itself, it will destroy itself through its greed.

9. SunTrader

SunTrader

to the full and complete quote - this one:

"There is one and only one social responsibility of business – to use its resources and engage in activities designed to increase its profits so long as it stays within the rules of the game, which is to say, engages in open and free competition without deception or fraud."

Clearly where Boeing erred is in the coverup/obfuscation/what have you - not the $9/hr programmers (if they did their job right and accuracy was verified). Seems they didn't and it it wasn't.

10. maxinger

maxinger

Nothing abnormal about this news.

All companies have to cut cost sooner or later to stay competitive.

They have to
    eliminate unprofitable business,
    eliminate redundant workers,
    improve productivity,
    improve yield,
    hire contract foreign workers etc etc.

common sense will tell you you'd pay workers as low as possible,
    not as high as possible..

#10     Jun 29, 2019