Boehner vows to overturn Obama’s birth control coverage rule

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Trader666, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Hasn't organized religion done that to itself, via its own actions, over the last thousand years?

Gimme a freakin' break with this leftist plan BS. The political right's use of religion is, and always has been a pitiful attempt at moral governance.

What gives anyone the right to impose outdated morals on a modern society? Your so-called leftist plan is nothing more than an attempt at solving all sorts of problems related with unplanned pregnancies (misguided as it may be).

And guess what? Unplanned pregnancies aren't going to be solved by abstinence and "praying to god".

#21     Feb 9, 2012
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Well technically unwanted pregnancies would be solved by abstinence.
    Of course the parties involved would actually have to abstain.

#22     Feb 9, 2012
  3. Brass

Brass

#23     Feb 9, 2012
  4. Yes, I should have of said by preaching abstinence.

#24     Feb 9, 2012
  5. Look, people are going to keep on having sex, no matter who says what. So, from unwanted teenage pregnancies, to generational abuse of the system, based on number of children, the procreating is not going to stop.

If certain groups don't want their flock to engage in contraception, then I think it's like the parents who have the responsibility to teach their kids how to prevent it. Sure, abstinence is fine, for a small percentage of the population, hello Tebow, but for the rest of the hetero world, well, you get my point. Put a helmet on that soldier. If your Church says no, then either listen to your Church, or listen to you libido. Either way, unwanted pregnancies are no good.

And, if you wondered, I am against abortion. I don't want abortion used as a way of contraception. I have no problems with real contraception. And maybe, just maybe, some people should be forced to use it, especially after having 5 kids or whatever that they cannot afford to take care of.

c

#25     Feb 9, 2012
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

I agree

Also agreed, although sometimes I think the flaming liberals may be trying to issue them...uh...prematurely, no pun intended.

L

#26     Feb 9, 2012