Boehner Loses Fight For F-35 Engine

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Landis82, Feb 16, 2011.

1. I guess our Crying Johnnie is only against spending . . . except when it's in his own District!

[​IMG]

Bush tried to kill the second engine for the F-35.
    Defense Secretary Gates has been trying to kill it.
    And now Obama and the House finally gets it done, over Boehner's objection.

Given that the General Electric engine is made in Boehner's state of Ohio, I'm not surprised . . . Saves the country $450 million.

You'd think this would be a perfect opportunity for Boehner to prove his cost-cutting bona fides. However, Pratt & Whitney, the company responsible for the F-35's engine, is not located in Boehner's Ohio district. But the General Electric Aviation plant that would've gotten the work is.

Boehner told reporters that, “As you all know that I believe that over the next 10 years that this will save the government money.”

GOP Rep. Tom Rooney of Florida disagreed, saying the savings are "bogus."

“Competition does not mean buying two of everything,” Rooney said. “If that were the case, every aircraft would have multiple source engines."

http://www.minyanville.com/dailyfee...t/?camp=syndication&medium=portals&from=yahoo

2. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Good news for the country, save a bunch of money.

Yeah, Ohio took one for the team. I'm personally not too fond of GE but I was forced to buy one of their 'frigs for the guest house because it was the biggest one that would fit.

I'm not impressed with Mr. Boehner so far.

http://www.govexec.com/story_page.cfm?articleid=47126&oref=todaysnews

3. jem

jem

bohner better get board with fixing the govt and cutting spending.

so far he is milquetoast and we do not need milquetoast

4. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Term limits.

Any politician in Washington for too long is... emotionally bankrupt and morally corrupt (hoping nobody here is old enough to remember where that came from). :)

I'm liking these new House members.