Boehner Has Everyone PO'ed

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Dec 4, 2012.

1. pspr

pspr

Conservatives in both chambers are already starting to pounce on House Speaker John Boehner's fiscal crisis counter-proposal, in a sign of the political risk the speaker took by calling for $800 billion in new tax revenue -- though that proposal was rebuffed by President Obama.

Tea Party-aligned conservative South Carolina Sen. Jim DeMint said Tuesday that the House Republicans' plan "will destroy American jobs and allow politicians in Washington to spend even more."

On the House side, Rep. Louie Gohmert, R-Texas, said Boehner's proposal was "not a good place to start." Meanwhile, conservative think tanks and advocacy groups like the Heritage Foundation voiced similar skepticism.

Still, despite taking heat from his own rank-and-file, Boehner's plan was rejected outright by the White House. President Obama, in an interview Tuesday with Bloomberg, called the plan "out of balance" and stressed that any deal to avert the looming fiscal crisis must include an increase in tax rates for top earners.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...osal-even-as-dems-resist-offer/#ixzz2E8Smgh7p

2. My feelings about Boehner are about the same as about Romney. No one, on either side, really care for him/them.

If I were a rightie, I would be really pissed at him. And, as a left leaning person, I just don't understand what he's trying to accomplish at this point. He has pissed of the teaparty, the mainstream GOP, and obviously the left. I doubt we'll see much more of him, come election time. But, who knows?