Boehner chides Romney for criticizing Obama while abroad

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Mar 29, 2012.

1. http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_new...des-romney-for-criticizing-obama-while-abroad

Boehner chides Romney for criticizing Obama while abroad

House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) took a slight dig Tuesday at Mitt Romney for criticizing President Obama while the president was out of the country.

Boehner suggested it was inappropriate for Romney, the front-running GOP presidential contender, to take aim at Obama's exchange with Russian President Dmitry Medvedev, when Obama signaled to his outgoing Russian counterpart after a meeting in South Korea that he would have more "flexibility" to negotiate on missile defense after this fall's elections.

"Clearly while the president is overseas, he's at a conference and while the president is overseas I think it's appropriate that people not be critical of him or our country," Boehner said in response to a question from NBC News about whether he agreed with Romney's assessment that Russia is the "number one geopolitical foe" of the United States.

Romney was quick to seize Monday on Obama's comments to Medvedev.

“Russia is not a friendly character on the world stage, and for this president to be looking for greater flexibility, where he doesn't have to answer to the American people in his relations with Russia is very, very troubling, very alarming," the former Massachusetts governor said. "I'm very, very concerned."

GOP aides told NBC News that Boehner has long adhered to the principle that criticism of the president stops at the border’s edge while he’s abroad.

The speaker's office did flag a tweet for reporters on Monday, though, in which Boehner said he looked forward to hearing what Obama meant by the "flexibility" comment upon his return to the U.S.

In March of 2011, Boehner waited until Obama returned from Brazil before sending him a letter that was critical of his foreign policy in Libya.

2. Good job Mr Speaker

3. Boehner should concentrate more on his own poor leadership. He has managed to fumble away winning hand after winning hand, and let obama and his media allies portray the republican congress as the problem.

Why is it that these loser moderate republicans just cannot resist the bait when the media tempt them to backstab anotehr republican? Romney was absolutely right to call out obama on his shocking display. There is no rule that you have to wait until he has had time to do damage control.

The sooner Boehner is replaced, hopefully with Michele Bachmann, the better.

4. Brass

Brass

And there goes the last remnant of your credibility.

5. BSAM

BSAM

Yep.
    Obama slaps Boehner around like a bitch.

6. I believe AAA wanted her to be President as well

7. Brass

Brass

He is a very complex carbohydrate.

8. jem

jem

I had not thought about it before, but she will make a great speaker.
    She has shown she has come up to speed reasonably quickly on issues and has gotten much better at T.V.

While she may not be brilliant she seems like a genius compared to Pelosi and she seems to be on the correct side of most issues.
    I am looking forward to it.

9. I did not know we have Michelle Bachmann admirers here. Man oh man, rush would be proud. Dumb hicks are the core demographic of republican party. Why is that the reddest of red states are the ones nobody worldwide wants to live in, while properties in cali, nyc or florida fetch millions?

10. jem

jem

I have lived in nyc, florida and California (only limp bizkit and wanna be rappers say cali) If you think those places are monolithic you are the hick. Where I live in San Diego the only democrats are the govt workers and the people demanding money for no work. Frequently the least educated people in California or anywhere else are the democrats. That is why the democrats are the food stamp party. the least educated are the ones hurt most by the democrats current economic policies.

any party which can support nancy pelosi has no business calling anyone else a dumb hick.

Note.. Poll Finds Tea Party Backers Wealthier and More Educated

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/15/us/politics/15poll.html

#10     Mar 29, 2012