Body Detox

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hapaboy, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Is this for real?

What products should be used?

What are the risks?

What are the benefits?

How often should it be done?

How do you know you should do it?

What have been your experiences?

2. You have been surfing the net without supervision again, haven't you:D

You ask a lot of questions-depends, some of the stuff i have seen is downright dangerous, imo (mostly to do with fasts) colonic irrigation, sure you may feel "lighter" and what not, but gee, no freakin wonder either.

A basic , "wholistic" fruit/veg "fast" if you like , just as it sounds, nothing but raw(organic) fruit and raw veg for x number of days, could, and is likely to cause terrible abdominal cramps/diarrhea/weakness, initially-but it could take a week to get used to it, by which time you may well feel like king kong and not want to go back to a normal diet.

Detox, is a bit different to lifestyle change, but there has to be commonality between the approaches to function i think.
    Just my 2c.

And following maxpi's rec, psyllium husks are great, but take a very large pinch in a shot of water, (per day) or you will pay the price-a little goes a long way.

If every variety of "detox" involved a stay at some great resort, well, who wouldn't believe in it, but.......hey, if your your serious, try a basic version first.

3. Ask yourself this what in the 'body' are you 'detoxing' and from what?

it's bs 'buzzword'