Body Builders What to Eat if your a Hard Gainer?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by zook, Jul 9, 2008.

1. zook

zook

Where are all the Body Builders at?

I'm just starting out, I hear diet is one of the major things that goes into creating an amazing figure.

What do you generally eat, any good books on the subject that you would recommend.

Thanks,
    Zook

2. bespoke

bespoke

mass is put on 10% in the gym, and 90% in the kitchen

even with the best training program in the world, you won't put on good mass without the proper diet (ie. don't lift like arnold and eat like a 80 year old woman). though you will still get strong

if you're a newb try this program called starting strength by Mark Rippetoe

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=998224

I'm a hard-gainer myself, and I never made good gains until I did this program. Gained about 20 pounds of muscle in the first 2-3 months (newb gains). Also probably because I had never done squats or deadlifts before!

My general diet. Every morning I eat 2 cups of oats blended with a banana or two, a lot of milk, and scoop of protein. Throughout the day, I eat a lot of whole wheat bread with peanut butter, meat, chicken, potatoes, fish, eggs (including whites), vegetables, fruits, milk, lots of water, and whatever I can get my hands on. I'm a hard-gainer so I can eat anything since it's difficult to put on fat. If you're the same, you should just eat whatever you can get your hands on but make sure you get enough protein, carbs, and good fats. 3500-4000 calories a day should be good.