Boca Raton, Florida Area

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by gotta_trade, Mar 4, 2003.

1. bmwstox

bmwstox

Boca Raton is beautiful. It seems like the daytrading capitol of FL.

#11     May 7, 2003
  2. itrader1

itrader1

Well, Boca is nothing but a giant Trading Club itself. You name it and it trades - it's the Shyster capital of the US.

I know of Prop Trading outfits galore and Trading "Clubs", but would not advise a nice person on these boards to join any of them in Boca. Why lower your odds and join a "club" in Boca. Try some of the surrounding towns further north where you still find some normal people.

Trader beware!

#12     May 7, 2003
  3. Pabst

Pabst

Shill Securities LLC has a very nice, new office in Boca.

#13     May 7, 2003

4. Im hiring!!!!!

#14     May 8, 2003
  5. Rs8.5

Rs8.5

I live and trade in Boca. I don't understand this post at all. What makes Boca any different than anywhere else? (BTW, while there are many prop firms here, I know of no "clubs".....not even sure what the definition of a "trading club" is).

Which towns north of Boca have more "normal" people?? I ask this seriously. I sold my house in Boca and am closing in early July. My youngest son is graduating HS this month, so there is no compelling reason for us to stay in Boca now. My wife works in West Palm and would like a shorter commute. We have looked at homes in Boynton Beach and Delray Beach, but haven't found anything to get excited about. Can't afford Manalapan, and Lake Worth seems like it's just a lot of older people.

If you have any real suggestions (or explanations) I would be sincerely interested to hear them. The only thing I can see to object to about Boca (aside from the commute for my wife), is the extremely high cost of housing.

Peace,
    :)Rs8.5

#15     May 8, 2003
  6. Look over in the West Boynton area and Wellington...I just ( reluctantly) sold my house in W. Boynton...you can get a sweet deal on lake front and golf cournse homes

#16     May 8, 2003
  7. itrader1

itrader1

Housing is a different matter and I agree that the housing market has become very expensive. You can get a much better deal going north or west (Wellington, Boynton Beach etc.) as is generally the case on the Florida East Coast.

That' why the biggest influx of new residents in the "northern" areas like Jupiter, Tequesta, Hobe Sound etc. is from Southern Florida - West Palm and south. Over 60% + migrate north from there and the "minority" come from New York or New Jersey. The reason are traffic congestion, crime and high cost of living.

My comment was made mostly in jest. The prop trading offices etc. in Boca are as good as any. It's not those offices - at least not the one's of established outfits - that are a problem.

The problem with Boca is that it houses the biggest concentration of crooks in the US (California and Nevada are a close 2nd). Many of the CEO's and swindlers have their "residences" there because of the antiquated Florida homestead laws and many of the boiler rooms and illegal schemes originate from there. Maybe it's the large concentration of older folks with money, maybe it's the warm weather and loose life styles - who knows?

At any rate, I would beware of any trading or financial outfit in Boca unless they are a known quantity. The number of fly-by-night scams and schemes are unbelievable. That's what I meant by Trader Beware in Boca!
    :cool:

#17     May 8, 2003
  8. Rs8.5

Rs8.5

OK, thanks for the clarification. I never knew of any "fly by night" scams here, but I guess they must be around. Plenty of scam artists in Boca, that is for sure. So nothing would surprise me. I know it's an exaggeration, but I always hear incredible claims as to what percentage of the residents of such and such a country club community, or another, have been in prison for white collar crime.

Peace,
    Rs8.5

#18     May 8, 2003
  9. bigbear

bigbear

I know Worldco has a large office there and it is run by one of their best traders. I know the office used to be huge but probably got smaller recently with the layoffs. The new execution system is great and getting better. Worldco finally realized that Andover was getting stronger because of their Hammer system. The Worldco Trading System will be better than Hammer when it is completed.

#19     May 8, 2003
  10. Are you serious? Those are some of the towns I'm looking to buy in. Also, Martin and St. Lucie counties in general. Are you stalking me RSX.X?

#20     May 8, 2003