Bobl Move today?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by wolfe, Jan 4, 2006.

1. meskhot

meskhot

Remember it was 2:30 in the US at that time...

#11     Jan 5, 2006
  2. I trade at what was Refco Trading Services. i trade us and European markets, from here in the UK. Our analyist yelled rumours of earthquake off California coast as bobl went 113.02 bid, i know this as i paid 03 for a load on the back of him.

This was at least 2 mins before any headlines on reuters etc. So early i had time to warn some mates at other arcades.

The spike kicked in around 13-14 if i recall correctly. Bunds only moved about 10 ticks whilst bobl spiked 50 plus, dax was sold small and the US did move. I had a Euro$ trade on in Dec 06 which moved 4 half ticks instantly. However, remember this was 3.30am Chicago time.

The bobl spiked so quick although i sold a resting offer above the highest i saw print at the time was mid 30's, couldn't recentre screen quick enough, had to check after to find the 57 print. And before you knew it the market was offered in the low 20's.

Some high 5's going round at Refco, big thanks to Tommy for a great call. Also hearing some guy over at Elite in Tower 42 (old Natwest Tower) sold about 500 lots in mid 50's. Lovely job some days isn't it.

#12     Jan 5, 2006