Bobl, Bund , Shatz And Euribor Traders

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by THE-BEAKER, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Have dabbled in Euribor for the past 7 years,my advice is don't waste your time.The WSJ published an article reckoning the top 3 traders in there are computer models and it really tells - it was pretty decent until 2003/4 when they started to take over,ridiculous spoofing all day,every day - just divide the size you want to trade it in by 10 and put the position on in the bund.

#21     Jul 24, 2007
  2. AC3

AC3

Apprec

#22     Jul 24, 2007
  3. Amazing.I posted a week ago with my views on Euribor and not one person has come out in it's defence saying how much they love it in there,look forward to trading it every day and make loads of cash out of it - that in itself speaks volumes.

#23     Aug 1, 2007
  4. AC3

AC3

I trade Eurodollars actively and wanted to work into Euribor but from the sounds of it there really isn't any use.

#24     Aug 1, 2007
  5. lmie

lmie

euribor is an ever changing beast, and it will change again end of sep when time pro rata comes in. Trading has never been easy and never will be. doesn't matter what the product is, there will always be casualties - and those casualties have plenty of time on there hands to posts their demise on sites like these! one of the most enduring aspects of trading is the continual change and development of both the markets and its traders, for they are both the same. enjoy it. were a long time dead.

#25     Aug 6, 2007
  6. TsunTzu

TsunTzu

What a wonderfully insightful post to highlight the difference in experience of those who trade for a living and those who do it as a hobby. Lets hope you continue with your vast success and then perhaps you will be able to give up your day job :D, the prop shops in London have plenty of empty seats that need filling up!

#26     Aug 15, 2007
  7. I hope your bund story is more intresting than that pile of boring crap

#27     Aug 15, 2007
  8. bund_man

bund_man

LOL...trading is supposed to be boring Bogan...

#28     Aug 15, 2007
  9. The mechanics and execution definately but there are a lot of great stories to go along with it that many people (not you obviously sorry) have as well otherwise what is the point of a site like this and dont say education, actually saying that would be funny.

#29     Aug 15, 2007
  10. bund_man

bund_man

Anyway, hope you are all doing well.

The Bund has been offering some amazing opportunities lately.

#30     Aug 15, 2007