Bobl, Bund , Shatz And Euribor Traders

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by THE-BEAKER, Jul 23, 2007.

1. bund_man

bund_man

Well, I spreadbet the bund.

A SB broker with very simple charting and no news is all I have ever used to trade this market....

I sometimes wonder how I would do with professional execution and tools...

Also I might be able to improve my spread, which is 3. What spread do pros get?

#11     Jul 24, 2007
  2. bund_man

bund_man

I trade at around £10 a tick - sometimes I will be positioned with much more and sometimes less. It's hard to say because I swing an initial line and then if the market goes my way I add quickly.

I do this alongside my day job so sometimes I cannot find the time to trade at all. I would say I take around 50 ticks a week on average.

If the trade is a winner I will take 5 ticks minimum (the spread I deal with is 3) but this is almost always much higher - last trade I did I took 105 although to be fair Friday was a big up day.

Yes I am for real. Three months ago I was trading over 80 markets and nothing for profit.

Then I concentrated on the bund looking at price action only with s/r levels and a couple of EMA's, that is it. No indicators, TT ladder, market profile or anything else that everyone has told me I MUST HAVE to trade this market.

Why I chose the bund is another story...lol

#12     Jul 24, 2007
  3. if your trading at an arcade or self backed with t/t you will get 1 tick.

i.e. the market

#13     Jul 24, 2007
  4. bund_man

bund_man

1 tick!
    WOW...

#14     Jul 24, 2007
  5. OK Bundman,I'm not too familiar with the intricacies of spreadbetting but if you make that much giving up such an edge then you'd be well advised to get a front-end,some decent clearing and go live,put your money where your mouth is,so to speak.

#15     Jul 24, 2007
  6. I also have a serious question for THE-BEAKER,do you think you'll still be trading the markets in 5 years time?

#16     Jul 24, 2007
  7. ssblack

ssblack

Since when was it required to use TT when trading the Bund???

#17     Jul 24, 2007
  8. AC3

AC3

I wouldnt mind hearing from guys who trade Euribor .... what sort of range do you guys see in the front 3 months.... whats a typical good trade look like in pip terms and whats the typical hold time ....

#18     Jul 24, 2007
  9. Who said it was?

#19     Jul 24, 2007
  10. ssblack

ssblack

ah Sorry, I read that wrong what squadron leader posted.

carry on! :D

#20     Jul 24, 2007