Bobl 1/2 Tick

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by THE-BEAKER, Jun 8, 2007.

1. Surely they keep track of the queues so a bit of order exists!.. :p

#51     Jul 30, 2007
  2. TsunTzu

TsunTzu

isn't it nice to see the bund quickly go back to five and seven hundred up on the depth as soon as a few big market orders come in. Is this a truer reflection of the market as these dog s##t algo players pull there systems out? I hope they are getting ironed. :)

#52     Aug 1, 2007
  3. Couldn't agree more.They advertise themselves as providing this 'great' liquidity and really being a welcome addition to the market but as soon as it gets too choppy for them and they can't twist and turn the smaller traders the a$$holes switch them off.

With a bit of luck they've been hit on some chunky orders and will f**k off for good,but somehow I think they'll be back.

#53     Aug 1, 2007
  4. Do you think that with the summer credit turmoil, some of these algo accounts have been trashed?
    :confused:

#54     Oct 12, 2007
  5. Some have been trashed,most haven't been switched on.It's funny really,in the pits on busy days you would hear people saying'volatile day,did a lot of round trips',nowadays on a busy day the f**kheads who run these models actually SWITCH THEM OFF.

What does that tell you?I've never heard anything so crazy.On a busy day would a big local say'I didn't trade because it was too busy' They're the days a REAL trader is looking for.The Exchanges let these models in.They knew the consequences and now there is clearly such a lack of 'fresh blood' in the markets volumes are actually dropping,and will continue to drop.Who wants to trade against a machine.IT'S A GAME YOU WON'T WIN.

#55     Oct 12, 2007
  6. Dogfish

Dogfish

Eurex just carried out a review of the half tic move

Summary
    - Last couple of months trading focus has been on short term
    products (Euribor, Eonia, Schatz Swap spreads etc.) rather than
    on duration
    - European and US fixed income markets have both seen thinner
    liquidity in the 5-, 10- and 30 year maturities
    - Although the effects on the Bobl half tick are biased by the subprime crisis the following statements can be made:
    – In terms of total trading volume the half tick has no significant effects so far
    – It is likely that a certain part of the increase in adverse price movement in the Bobl is derived from the tick size reduction
    – Significant volume shift has been observed from locals to algo traders
    - Unlike to the tick size reduction in Schatz Futures in 2004 a significant volume
    shift from locals (31% -> 17%) to algo traders (12% -> 31%) has taken place in the Bobl
    - Investment bank‘s (including brokers) market share is down from 57% to 52%
    – Situation in the Bobl roll market has improved significantly: on-exchange
    trading share during the roll period jumped from 73% to 92%
    - Next analysis will be done end of 2007

#56     Nov 6, 2007
  7. Any news analysis?

#57     Jan 2, 2008
  8. I can give you all the analysis you need -

Info for 2nd Jan 2008:

99.5 tick range with just 440,000 contracts traded

The numbers speak for themselves

#58     Jan 2, 2008
  9. BCT

BCT

Too true - it has become a trashy, illiquid contract - 199 prices traded, 440k - ridiculous!

Why am I still trading it?:confused:

#59     Jan 3, 2008
  10. to pay your clearer loads of bro....all those schatz/bobl traders must be getting chopped to pieces.

#60     Jan 3, 2008