Bobl 1/2 Tick

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by THE-BEAKER, Jun 8, 2007.

1. Do you think there is also a 'market' for the counterparty ID information flows?! :mad:

#41     Jul 10, 2007
  2. It's become a lot harder to find an edge lately,bottom line is you've got to know what you're doing instead of just scumming ticks out of the market.

Personally I don't think the growth of the arcades helped matters for anyone - all the markets reached saturation point,a load of headless chickens all with the same rubbish positons forcing each other out - no wonder the algo-models have been cleaning up.

#42     Jul 10, 2007
  3. exactly, taking on shit loads of graduates and teaching them to trade a stupid spread was gonna screw them over sooner or later.

#43     Jul 10, 2007
  4. Dogfish

Dogfish

Intra minute tic jobbing is tough work but the 60min bund candle has never behaved so sweet so catching some good moves there.

Perfect head and shoulders to start with at the top, sold the 111.14s neckline but got out around the handle - doh! as it went to 109.75. That h&s formed above a penant it had broken up out of ealier and when each of the lines were breached back through the bund as hoped for blipped down - 111.07 top line and 110.76 bottom line.

Then it made a decent double bottom marked at 109.96 mid- very low risk buy, which then later developed into inverse head and shoulders (neck 110.02), as did bobl (neck 105.72) as did tnote (neck 104.295), all the same time, and all those necklines broke and rallied cleanly. That 60min chart couldn't be better recently. I'm mainly trading off that. Bought the 56s last night on bernanke (15min level) but out way too early so a bit seething, was trading my p&l not the position.

I get caught badly sometimes but don't we all. Hope your position trading is working out. Traded a bit of bobl but that thing can come back at you so fast it's frightening :eek:

#44     Jul 11, 2007
  5. Anyone trading currently Bobl thinks switching to a very large tick instrument such as the the eCBOT 30Y futures?

If not... why no?! :p

#45     Jul 11, 2007
  6. UP!
    :)

#46     Jul 18, 2007
  7. Dogfish

Dogfish

It's a fairly dull market to trade, uninspiring ranges, fairly expensive on costs especially now cbot upped costs for prop firms, doesn't have multi million roundtrip rebates like eurex does for big prop firms, does sweet FA in the european session, has slowish execution for people in London compared to eurex, the buxl (euro 30yr) would be more interesting and is double bund tick value but is still quite thin

#47     Jul 20, 2007
  8. Also the 30Year has so many algo-models running on it,it's like playing a video game permanently set on ULTRA-HARD only no fun at all,just like the 10Year - painful markets to trade.

#48     Jul 20, 2007
  9. yeah, because there are absolutely no algos plugged in bunds and bobl.

#49     Jul 20, 2007
  10. But doesn't the 10 and 30 Years feel more mechanical in the way the prices and bid/ask size fly about?The flipping model in the bunds is annoying but a lot of the size advertised does trade,in the 10 Year it's every bid and offer,always in 3-5000 lots which so rarely get completed.

I thought these models were supposed to keep the markets in some sort of order - what a joke!

#50     Jul 20, 2007