Bobby Jindal's Running for Prez

Discussion in 'Politics' started by insider trading, Jun 13, 2009.

1. What do you call a recovering alcoholic who is preaching about the dangers of drinking too much? Let me guess, a jackass!

A former drug user, jackass. A former criminal who go to schools to tell kids that crime doesn't pay, another jackass.

BTW - what do your kid(s) think of seeing their daddy sit on the internet all day on a Saturday scouring Youtube and other picture sites cutting and pasting all day? I'm thinking a jackass.

#51     Jun 14, 2009

2. Does the recovering alcoholic who is preaching about the dangers of drinking too much say a few months earlier that not drinking is unrealistic ? If so,then yes,he is a jackass

2/2009 Abstinence is unrealistic

[​IMG]

5/2009 Bristol Palin at a teens for abstinence rally

[​IMG]

#52     Jun 14, 2009
  3. Yep, Palin and the "republicans" sure look like jackasses lately over this joke.

BTW - will you please post Letterman's apology from last night?

Let's see, do you defend the joke (which most liberals did) or now defend the apology (which makes clear the joke was a joke)?

I say keep the jokes coming.

#53     Jun 16, 2009
  4. The wacko Republicans are wound up way to tight. A tasteless joke gets their panties in wad, I'm talking about the ET'ers panties not the Palins.

#54     Jun 16, 2009
  5. Obama Zombies just following their exemplar by mocking everyone that does not fall for this jackshit. Hope is fading
    for the "got hope" crowd.

#55     Jun 16, 2009
  6. Did Letterman get your panties in a wad too? :p

Ya man, don't worry, be happy.

#56     Jun 16, 2009
  7. Tell me what you think of the GOP guy who called Michelle Obama a gorilla?

#57     Jun 16, 2009
  8. Indeed. Everyone with a brain knows Letterman was referring to Palin's older, previously "knocked up" daughter who is a spokesperson for abstinence.

The GOP was all against "political correctness" and now it can't seem to get enough of PC. And so it has embarked on its War on Jokes.

#58     Jun 16, 2009
  9. The GOP guy is a thug. Letterman's joke was funny because he referred to Palin's older daughter who, although now of legal age, was "knocked up" when she was a minor. And isn't she a spokesperson for abstinence now? Can you see the irony of the whole thing? Letterman's joke was about CONDUCT.

As for the "joke" regarding Michelle Obama, that was a "joke" about her APPEARANCE, something she can do nothing about, nothwithstanding the fact that she is a fine looking woman. It also had the the smell of racial overtones. Again, Letterman's joke was about conduct -- which people are responsible for and can do something about. Are you really that much of a racist that the distinction escapes you?

#59     Jun 16, 2009
  10. Thank you Thunderdog, you beautifully detailed the point of my question.

#60     Jun 16, 2009