Bob Woodward: Obama Exhibiting A "Kind of Madness"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Feb 27, 2013.

1. pspr

pspr

The Washington Post's Bob Woodward ripped into President Barack Obama on "Morning Joe" today, saying he's exhibiting a "kind of madness I haven't seen in a long time" for a decision not to deploy an aircraft carrier to the Persian Gulf because of budget concerns.

"Can you imagine Ronald Reagan sitting there and saying, 'Oh, by the way, I can't do this because of some budget document?'" Woodward said.

"Or George W. Bush saying, 'You know, I'm not going to invade Iraq because I can't get the aircraft carriers I need?'" Or even Bill Clinton saying, 'You know, I'm not going to attack Saddam Hussein's intelligence headquarters,' ... because of some budget document?"

The Defense Department said in early February that it would not deploy the U.S.S. Harry Truman to the Persian Gulf, citing budget concerns relating to the looming cuts known as the sequester.

"Under the Constitution, the President is commander-in-chief and employs the force. And so we now have the President going out because of this piece of paper and this agreement. 'I can’t do what I need to do to protect the country,'" Woodward said.

"That’s a kind of madness that I haven't seen in a long time," he said.

Woodward's harsh criticism came after he stirred controversy last weekend by calling out Obama for what he said was "moving the goal posts" on the sequester by requesting that revenue be part of a deal to avert it.

http://www.businessinsider.com/bob-woodward-obama-sequester-republicans-2013-2

2. Bob is definately off the Christmas card list. There is no substance to the Obama argument. All he has is scare tactics. He doesn't get his 85 billion, the world as we know it will come to an end. While we know that to be total bullshit, we should also recognize the fact that he is in a position to make mountains out of molehills. Make no mistake. If a major crisis is what it takes for Team Obama to get their way, one will be fabricated, and the MSM will be there to sell it. Costs a few people their lives, so much the better for Team Obama.

3. Barack is on the fast-lane to becoming "America's Caligula". The sooner something is found to get him impeached, the better off we will all be.

4. pspr

pspr

Well, now we can hear the knees of Mitch McConnell knocking together. Just two days to go and he can't take it. (see other thread)

5. Amazing, isn't it? Odumbo can always justify an additional $1 Trillion of deficit spending to buy parasite votes, but can't justify funding for his #1 priority as president.

Have we EVER had a worst man in the White House??

:mad: :mad:

6. Lucrum

Lucrum

+ 16.5 Trillion...and counting...

7. wjk

wjk

Not possible. Look at the likes of the Senate minority leader and the House majority leader. They have no spines, no balls, and will sell their principles in the interest of their careers. To think they would impeach America's first black president is, well, unthinkable. Can you imagine the screeches of racism from both the left and the media? What we've experienced up to now would be a sprinkle next to a hurricane.

8. It is a sad day indeed for this land, when a president is given a "pass" based on skin color. Pathetic. It would be similar to "OJ".

9. Obamas national defense record is stellar compared to the party that allowed 9-11 ,started a war based on lies and didn't get the man responsible for killing 4,000 Americans on American soil

10. wjk

wjk

That was the genius that AK spoke of. He's simply misplacing it. The people who brought O man to the front of the pack knew this would be the case. That might be considered genius, though I prefer to think of it as just master manipulation of political correctness, or something along those lines.

#10     Feb 27, 2013