Bob Prechter moves to "aggresive 200% short signal"

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by makloda, Nov 26, 2009.

1. Makloda, why do you think the likes of Faber and Rogers have a worldwide audience?

Is it just because they have a good PR agent?

It can't be the doom alone because I'm sure you could find a thousand bigger bears with zero airplay.

#11     Nov 28, 2009
  2. Prechter at it again:

http://www.cnbc.com/id/35086130

Ironically he only compares the current technical situation to 1987, 2000 and 2007. What about 2004 when he was screaming fire at the top of his lungs?

#12     Jan 28, 2010
  3. RobtF

RobtF

He made this comment at about 3:20 (e) on Monday - some CNBC analysts actually attributed the subsequent market drop to his dire prediction.

#13     Jan 28, 2010
  4. CNBC analysts are idiots, price leads news not the other way around.

#14     Jan 28, 2010
  5. I got suckered in 97' sold my house partly on his dire forecast of housing going down 50%
    Guess he was sort of right on percentage, just wrong direction!!

#15     Jan 28, 2010
  6. true... altohugh is reasoning makes a lot of sense, he has made some very bad calls although it's kind of comprehensible since he's not making short term calls but trying to pick a top of a centennial move.

Glenn Neely on the other hand is also very bearish, and his track record is very different from Prechter's... he has the goods from prechter's track record without the bad's... (after he predicted 87 crash he turned immensely bullish being one of the few EW'ers to be bullish...) he maintained his bullish position until 2000 where he was bearish until 2003, where he turned bullish once again being one of the only EW'ers to be bullish... he only turned bearish late 2007.

#16     Jan 28, 2010
  7. for the 5th or 6th time

i was going to post my 'Fall 2010' a couple of weeks ago, a continuation of 'Fall 2009'
    forget why i didn't, something to do with my Time target ? anyway, have the indicies
    topped ? they have hit one of the major fibo 61.8 Retracements

when Prechter threads such as this come up - and i've posted them myself i like to post
    Yelnik's site since he's been following these guys for years: http://yelnick.typepad.com/

maybe i'll post 'Fall 2010' this weekend - i've been wrong before, meanwhile here's a sneak
    peak of the fibo i referred to and Advanced GET's Elliott Wave count

#17     Jan 28, 2010
  8. I agree that he has been terrible on wave counts and calls in the equity markets... but i wonder how bad his calls would have been if we had a responsible FED since 1987 when his calls, equity, went completely FUBAR...

#18     Jan 28, 2010
  9. It's possible that his calls are worse than throwing darts. I think there is actually a negative bias.

Of course that depends on how you tally results. If you count a market meltdown call at the bottom of 03 as being valid having been realized five years later, the statistics might change.:D

#19     Jan 28, 2010
  10. sure but he got to grab the whole move down... and as far i know of he only turned bearish or stating being in a bear market late 2007.

How much money has Prechter delivered to his subscribers during these years? My guess is pretty much none...

On the other hand Neely consistently has been delivering profits of 20-25% per annum. Even 2009 which was a bad year for Neely in market calls, his subscribers were able to make around 30+% for the year. This after subscribers making 70% on 2008 for example... or not losing their shirts after the 87 crash when he turned bullish afterwards... unlike all e wavers... or 2003-2004 when Prechter was still shouting P3 to be around the corner and him turning bullish for a new bull market.

What is this the n-th time Prechter calls for a Primary 3 ? He's been waiting for P3 since 87 ....:confused:

#20     Jan 28, 2010