Bob Polski tribute, All-time Great Salesman

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by William Rennick, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Whew! That one is going to be tough to beat.

#21     Jun 14, 2008
  2. It was Polski that sold 19,000 condoms to the S. Pole staff.

#22     Jun 16, 2008
  3. One of Polskis biggest sales came back in '45 when he was the Washington DC rep for the Acme Fireworks Co. from Wala Wala Wash. Bob cold called Pres. Truman and sold him a couple of the biggest firecrackers in his catalog. A month later they were used over the skys of Japen. Manhatten Project is nothing but a myth, that was Polski.

:cool:

#23     Jun 16, 2008
  4. Rennick, i always suspected it was a myth. The give away was naming a plane the "Gay Granola".

#24     Jun 16, 2008
  5. It was Polski that sold Oppenheimer the concept of "The Bomb". Then, he sold the Government the land for Oak Ridge. Of course, they then needed housing, manufacturing facilities........

That was Polski.

#25     Jun 16, 2008
  6. Bob Polski was demonstrating unbreakable combs in a department store. He was impressing the people who stopped by to look by putting the comb through all sorts of torture and stress.

Finally to impress even the skeptics in the crowd, he bent the comb completely in half, and it snapped with a loud crack. Without missing a beat, he bravely held up both halves of the 'unbreakable' comb for everyone to see and said, "And this, ladies and gentlemen, is what an unbreakable comb looks like on the inside".

Classic Polski

#26     Jun 16, 2008
  7. Banjo

Banjo

Everybody that knew him has at least one favorite Polski story. I once fixed him up with a leggy model friend we ran into in Delmonicos. She had this huge dog, a boxer named Fredo, and lived in a pre war high rise. Next day I asked him how things went . He said he was playing with Fredo , throwing a ball around the living room while he was waiting, and the ball went out the 20th story window. Fredo , chasing it, went out too. What the helll did you do, I asked. Polski says , well, she came in asking where Fredo was and I told her he was here a minute ago and to tell you the truth he looked kind of depressed. The guy always had an out.

#27     Jun 17, 2008
  8. Bob was out on a "first" dinner date with some bimbo. He needed to use the restroom but didn't want to exactly tell her he had to take a leak.

He stood up from the table.

She asked "Where are you going?"

Bob said " Darling, may I please be excused for a moment? I have to
    shake hands with a very dear friend of mine, whom I hope you'll get to meet after dinner."

That was Bob.

#28     Jun 18, 2008
  9. Mercor

Mercor

Legend has it that Polski posts an average of 6 posts a day on Elite trader

#29     Jun 18, 2008
  10. Legend has it, Polski has read 250 thousand posts in 18 months on ET.

#30     Jun 18, 2008