Bob McCullough & Liberty Research - Whatever happened ?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by syswizard, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Someone on another group asked about an indicator called "Formula X". I did some 'net research and it pointed to the above author and his company. He even wrote a book (below).
    http://stockcharts.stores.yahoo.net/newloatteanb.html
    However, this indicator's exact calculation appears to be a well kept secret and both the author and the company do not seem to be active anymore. The only thing I was able to discover was that Formula X is a fast stochastic using detrending and special smoothing.
    Anyone have any knowledge of what happened to Liberty Research, McCullough, or anything about "Formula X" ??
    Oh, and another thing, he created an analysis platform called "Investograph Plus". All links to it appear to be dead-ends.....as libertyresearch.com exists no more.

2. No one ? I wonder if Jack Hershey knows this guy who goes back some time ?

3. Good question - I too wondered what happened this guy. I spoke to him many years ago but lost touch.

4. Everything he's done appears out of circulation....the software, his book, his indicators.....
    did the guy DIE, I wonder ?

5. He hit the "Holy Grail" and trades for himself, does not want to give any publicity to what he is doing.

He is active on this board under the name "Grob".

;-)

6. nkhoi

nkhoi

7. I too have been searching for Robert McCullough and any info on Investograph. My friend has been using it for years and we both are either trying make sure it keeps going with newer programs or get the formulas. If anyone knows anything please let me know.

8. ZBEAR

ZBEAR

Add my name to that list of those who would like to
    know more about this dude and his software.

His book makes more sense than most of the stuff I've
    read over the years.

Drop me an email if any of you come up with any answers.

9. At this point, I doubt if he is still alive......seems to have absolutely left this planet....without a trace.

10. swandro

swandro

Maybe not. I did a bit of research and found that he is still listed in the US telephone directory at the address and number on the following link.

I doubt the email address still works because libertyresearch.com has been abandoned or hijacked. Traderscharts-training appear to have tried to take over the project but that seems to have been abandoned as well. You could try contacting the web page owner though.

http://www.traderscharts-training.com/ebay/products1.htm

Liberty Research Corporation
    C/O Bob McCullough
    501 Balcones Ridgeway
    Bertram, Texas 78605
    (512) 355-2170

Domain Name: TRADERSCHARTS-TRAINING.COM

Registrant:
    KW Associates
    Ken (ktuttle@kwassociates.com)
    11 Valley Trail
    Round Rock