Boaz's position on Greece

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by Soon2Bgreat, Jul 6, 2011.

1. This was where I got confused. The implication is currently positive basis (or maybe I'm even wrong there), but he's known for neg. basis blowups (DB) - perhaps he's already in the black?

#11     Jul 6, 2011
  2. sle

sle

My understanding is that he blew up on the cash/CDS basis, coming from someone who was working for him at DB and is still working for him.

I think his current Greek position is a great trade - carries right and has limited losses in case of default. He might have some MTM pain should Greece ever become a true bond market again (because of duration vs JTD mismatch), but if there is a improbable event that would be it.

#12     Jul 7, 2011
  3. By returning to a true bond market do you mean one where participants prefer to take credit exposure through cash bonds rather than CDS (in turn pushing the basis more positive)?

Thanks.

#13     Jul 7, 2011
  4. Anyone know the implications of the current rescue plan (50% haircut on Greek bonds) on this trade?

#14     Oct 28, 2011
  5. Well, given we don't actually know exactly what the trade is, it's very hard to know the implications of PSI on it.

#15     Oct 28, 2011