BoA, MS, or GS

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by WallstYouth, May 5, 2006.

1. I started interviewing with Bank of America Securities, Morgan Stanley, and Goldman Sachs about a month back and all 3 have given me an offer, anyone know which company would be a better place to be overall for the next 4-6 years, i'm still very young and I plan to learn as much as possible then hopefully branch off on my own. I was leaning towards GS as they had the highest compensation overall but honestly I dont know If I can keep up with the hours 8am - 9pm M-F :(

Any insight would be helpfull thanks.

2. sccz97

sccz97

IF you've been offered a job at all three I'm surprised you don't know what each can offer. DId you even look into the companies for your interviews? IF you don't think you can hack an 8-9 job then this industry isn't for you, you get out what you put in

3. Fighter

Fighter

If you want to see how look you have after 4-6 years working investment firm, go to know a young guy who is Chinese origin and now Merril Lynch Chairman in China market. His nanme is Liu er Fei. I think you should know him.

4. goldmans hours are 8AM - 9PM ?

They tell you this right off the bat?

Thats brutal lol

5. How old are you?

6. 27 this weekend

7. Yeah they came right out and made it clear that this was the typical hours for others working in the group I would join.

8. Congrats on the three job offers. A bit confused as you've stated you've been in IT for 10 years?

9. eagle

eagle

From 8am-9pm!!! Must be kidding. Probably it means that their working hours is between 8am-9pm and it doesn't necessary mean you have to start from 8am-9pm Monday-Friday, it could simply require you to work 8 hours a day in between these hours. Why not try to make an unknown phone call to a receptionist to sort it out.

10. Yes this is true, my first real job I landed back in 96 as a senior in highschool was doing basic tech work for a local ISP in my area.

#10     May 6, 2006