BNP Paribas: US funds have completely shut down their lending to us

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Grandluxe, Sep 14, 2011.

1. ""We can no longer borrow dollars. U.S. money-market funds are not lending to us anymore," a bank executive for BNP Paribas, who declines to be named, told me last week. "Since we don't have access to dollars anymore, we're creating a market in euros. This is a first. . . . we hope it will work, otherwise the downward spiral will be hell.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/europ...ian-bond-auction-wsj-article-discussing-frenc

2. morganist

morganist Guest

The article you link to is more of a personal attack than a factual attack. It is more of a critique of the writer's and institutional credibility than a substancial rebuke. Regardless of the validity of the original article this is not a good counter in my opinion.

3. What are you talking about? Didn't the author of the WSJ piece misrepresent the findings of a research paper that supposedly illustrates a point that he was making? Isn't that smth you'd call a "factual attack"?

4. morganist

morganist Guest

Regardless of that two thirds of the article makes derogatory comments about the author and the think tank. This makes it look unprofessional in my opinion.

Even if the writer has a valid point it makes it look like they don't because it looks as though they have had to criticise with ad hominem attacks. This would suggest they have a weak argument.

5. Well, the author of the original WSJ article has produced a sensationalist bombshell, quoted an "anonymous" source without verifying the facts of the matter, made a number of erroneous claims and misrepresented rresearch findings to bolster his argument. I would say that that's what's most "unprofessional" here, rather than the AFOE's response. And I'd say Mssr Lecaussin richly deserves every ad hominem attack that comes his way.

6. morganist

morganist Guest

Marty your so bitchy. You always defend the Euro to the hilt. Are you highly invested there?

7. I am not defending the Euro and I am not b1tchy. I just HATE sloppy journalism.

8. morganist

morganist Guest

You are a little bit bitchy. Admit it.

#10     Sep 14, 2011