BMW and Mercedes Buyers See a Ford in their Future (Bloomberg)

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Joab

Joab

You completely missed the two most important issues.

1. I did this to say Fuck You to the Oil companies, the Saudi's and mostly Bush.

In the end I'm using half the gas.

2. I'm polluting 70% less then any other car.

I believe in leadership through example.

:cool:

#31     Jun 12, 2008
  2. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Yep, Prius drivers think they are pretty fucking smart. The look on their faces is something to behold.

Personally, I would love to get that kind of mileage. Life is way too short to drive a Prius though. Just a tad too retarded looking.

#32     Jun 12, 2008
  3. clacy

clacy

I don't agree with your politics, but at least you practice what you preach.

NOTHING drives me more crazy than hypocritical behavior. I know a young family (1 small child), with 2 SUV's, yet they're "environmentalists" who think gas it too cheap and the current price should increase to curb demand, yet their 2 SUV's demand quite a bit of gas themselves.

I would have much more respect for them on that issue, if they lived like you.

#33     Jun 12, 2008
  4. dandxg,

I assume you mean 87 octane instead of 85 but maybe things are different in Denver.

As far as mileage goes, you might be surprised what some of the cars get mileage wise. I drive a 330Ci that on a long trip gets almost 30 mpg on the highway, at something above the speed limit:). Now that is not prius territory but plenty good in my book for my driving. In town I get in the low 20s. Yes, I use premium fuel even though they said I could use mid grade when I bought it almost 3 years ago now. But it just doesn't run as well on the mid grade.

To me you get what you pay for and the the extra money is worth it, but I am sure many would not agree with that. As far as the difference in gas prices, I don't even pay attention because I need the fuel no matter what the price is. I am always surprised by the big deal people make about the price differences in grades of fuel and the price of fuel in general. For every dollar the price rises, you are only spending an extra 15-20 bucks a fill up or maybe 80 bucks a month (or a couple extra bucks per tank if you are changing fuel grade). If that extra outlay causes concern, then you are in serious trouble. The fact that this little rise, which in the overall scheme of things is relatively minor, you have to cancel a vacation or cut back, then you are living awfully dangerously or beyond your means. Europe has been paying over six dollars a gallon for a long time.

For people who aren't kids working at best buy like the example above, nothing has really changed for most.

We better get used to it.

Good Trading

BM

#34     Jun 12, 2008
  5. well i have to say i just got (leased for business reasons) my first ever bmw 535 xi 3 months ago. My payments are around 1500 a month....(canada not us...huge price difference)..... ihave to use premium gas and get about 20 miles to the gallon.... granted i drive 150-220 km/h on the highway,....... and i will never go back to a domestic vehicle..... or toyota.....or kia..... or any other mid grade vehicle.

you get what you pay for... if you cant afford it, dont buy it. I dont bitch about gas prices cause i knew going in i was spending a fortune on my vehicle..... and i love every minute in it!

i driven every kind of car and (god willing that im never broke again) will never go to anything less than a luzury vehicle. my ford feels like im drivin a tractor!

#35     Jun 12, 2008
    #36     Jun 12, 2008
  7. That has not been my experience at all. BMW truly is the ultimate driving machine. They are the only cars I have ever owned that I truly enjoyed drving. Dependability was there as well. Only in the shop for scheduled maintenance and drove them over 150,000 miles.

#37     Jun 12, 2008
  8. And don't forget you have to replace the battery. I'm sure that isn't cheap and it must be expensive to pay the "environmental fees" to dispose of the old one. Nasty lead you know.

#38     Jun 12, 2008
  9. I know multimillionaires who drive Toyota Camrys, Corollas, or Mercedes Benz's that are several years old, and like another poster said, do not care what others think.

If you are building wealth, you try to save and grow your money. Throwing so much money into a depreciating asset like a luxury car is a huge waste of money early on.

#39     Jun 13, 2008
  10. What a load of crap. Yep, and gold is no longer a store of value, and it's a new paradigm, and things are different this time.

#40     Jun 13, 2008