BMT is way overhyped and misleading Vs ET

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by gmst, Feb 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gmst

gmst

ok, thanks for correcting. Cheers.

#51     Feb 7, 2013
  2. ofthomas

ofthomas

it is semantics... BM classifies it as a private board... read the fine print... also, it is $50... I can't even have lunch with $50 at my favorite sushi place in the east village... so why would anyone argue for $50 even if they get banned? I don't know... maybe just how I see it...

#52     Feb 7, 2013
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

All I'm doing is poking holes in your logic. You said BMT was making more money then ET. That is absolutely NOT true. You said you can question vendors here. That is partially true. If the vendor here is a paid sponsor, the moderators heavily protect them and remove posts and edit threads. Again, I have no problem with that, but it goes against what you are claiming.

I personally wish the moderation on this board was much stricter. The fact that you could start a thread and slander me outright with no probable cause other then a conspiracy theory is a joke. You never bring facts to the table. That is the only issue I have with you and this thread is yet another testament to that.

It sounds like BMT is actually better then ET if the moderation over there is stricter. One of the reasons this place has gone to hell is because of the lack of moderation. But that is topic for another thread. I just wanted to point out that your facts were wrong. That is all. Carry on.

#53     Feb 7, 2013
  4. gmst

gmst

How are you so sure that BMT is not making more money than ET? Please enlighten me.

Moderators protect vendors heavily here - well at least I have not experience it here. So, I cannot agree with you. On BMT, you definitely cannot argue with a vendor.

#54     Feb 7, 2013
  5. Code7

Code7

Can't find this with Google.

No results found for "1,176 since Dec 2009"
    No results found for "121 given" "987 received"

Semantics, really? You too don't know the difference between private, government and how that relates to First Amendment?

#55     Feb 7, 2013
  6. Code7

Code7

That settles it for me. You are sick in the head.

#56     Feb 7, 2013
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

Well, we ran the numbers on what Baron is making. BMT has a fraction of the advertisers Baron has and Baron has a much higher click rate and return user rating then BMT which commands higher advertising dollars.

As for the arguing with vendors. Are you serious? There have been countless threads here about those who have been banned or had posts deleted for going after vendors. Why not start a thread and ask some people to speak out.

Hell, back in the day when me and Don Bright would go at it (mostly friendly), I had a LOT of posts deleted that questioned Bright Trading. If I even mentioned my firm automatic post deletion. I was told repeatedly to lay off Don.

Now, to Don's credit, he did ask the moderators to calm down the moderation on me and let us have a civil conversation in which we did. But if you don't think vendors are protected here, you are nuts.

#57     Feb 7, 2013
  8. pyro

pyro

What is your concept of "argue"?

Are you talking about useless rant without any type of real value, similar to what you've been doing here, or simply expose bugs, general settings that could be better developed, bad support and so on...

Because, you you're ranting, well, I agree that Mike close the thread, it's healthier for the forum, something that ET should have done with this thread but if you're exposing real problems regarding a vendor then my friend you have countless threads and posts where people expose what they think is wrong with it and Mike never said a word against it.

On top of my head I remember Ninja and Sierra being vendors that received bad reviews by users.

#58     Feb 7, 2013
  9. gmst

gmst

So this thread has continued for sometime, Let me put some objectivity into this. I have basically 2 MAIN problems with BMT:

1) It is hard to question "freely" vendors on BMT
    2) Very less number of successful traders on BMT Vs ET

To settle above 2 points, here is my open challenge:

1) Open a thread on BMT like the one I opened on Patak here at ET. Openly attack Patak's trading practice there - see how much Big Mike let you continue.

2) Does BMT has a thread like Daily PL thread we have here on ET?
    If not, that settles this question for me at least. :D :D :D :D :D :D

#59     Feb 7, 2013
  10. ofthomas

ofthomas

hmmm... maybe am slow... why would you search BMT stats on google?

and as to the second comment.... no, I guess I dont... but if I ever do decide to learn the difference I am sure it wont be from someone who searches reference data blindly on google...

#60     Feb 7, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.