BMT is way overhyped and misleading Vs ET

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by gmst, Feb 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gmst

gmst

Sir, I said market in the morning was moving fast. now it is very orderly market. Kindly check timestamps and corresponding markets move before making assumptions.

Thanks for the links on ET profitability though.

I stated my case, maybe you think I have no logic and I embarrased myself but with this attestation I have got from erstwhile MarketWizard who got banned probably points to the fact that not everyone feels I did not have any logic.

Good Day :)

#41     Feb 7, 2013
  2. Code7

Code7

Want to tell your username so we can have a look ourselves? No ofthomas at BMT. What you say can be true for all I know, just find it a bit strange that you're as inactive on ET as I am. You had to like BMT much better to get the required activity for Market Wizard level.

#42     Feb 7, 2013
  3. Code7

Code7

If you have some honesty and decency, re-read all the crap you posted here on another day and see what you want to say about it.

The reference to Carl Icahn, your First Amendment rights applying to the moderation of a private message board by its owner, all the false accounting and your totally ridiculous claims about anything.

#43     Feb 7, 2013
  4. gmst

gmst

I see you are an agent of Big Mike who can't stand being exposed. LOL. Putting you on ignore.

#44     Feb 7, 2013
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

You are doing it again with the conspiracy talk. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they are "in on it". I see no difference between Big Mike, T2W or ET. All of them make money off advertising. Baron is raking it in here. And the revenue is not coming from donations, it's coming from vendors! Which is great. More power to him. But this whole crap about first amendment rights is just silly.

There are far more vendors on ET then BMT and there are far more "hidden" vendors on ET then BMT. Baron protects those that pay and lets the ones who don't fend for themselves. The economics is pretty simple. No conspiracy. No hype.

#45     Feb 7, 2013
  6. gmst

gmst

WTF you talking about - it is a public message board not his "private message board"

Dude - elite members pay 50$ there and when he bans elite members, I don't think he returns that money.

#46     Feb 7, 2013
  7. ofthomas

ofthomas

nah, I dont really care if you believe me or not, is not that relevant to me... I've never been big on "proving to others" much of anything... but here you go...

Membership Permanently Revoked
    Trading Experience: Intermediate

and nothing to find it a "bit strange"... I dont care much about ET either (dont take me wrong, some good threads here, but not many... this one case in point, utter waste of time but I am bored)... I visit here mostly to see a few guys and when i am bored and on conference calls, like now, I look over other threads and participate... nothing to do with "liking" BMT or anything like that... am always willing to contribute my tech knowledge to any forum, am not greedy...

as I said, the best thing that could happen was to get banned... at first I was pissed off for about a week... kind of like an addict, and then clarity set in and I was able to realize that I was wasting a significant amount of time in there and I had better things to do with my time...

#47     Feb 7, 2013
  8. gmst

gmst

Hey Mav - If you read back my first post, I am not a die-hard critic of BMT. However, I do believe that is hard to express and engage in free debate on BMT. The other guy who got banned after being a Market Wizard attests to this.

You know how a person becomes market wizard - by posting a lot of posts. So if Baron decides to have market wizards on ET as well, you will become a market wizard. And most likely you will pay 50$ for having elite access. And then suddenly you disagree with him on something and he will ban you. This is what happens at BMT.

I have no problems if he making money or not. I wrote that just as a comparison as to who is making more money - ET or BMT. I also stated that BMT forum software is good. So, I am by no means anti-BMT. However, I don't find quality of posters there to be at same level compared to ET. There is definitely a difference. ET attracts more successful posters (maybe because ET has been on net for 13 yrs). Thats all I am saying. Good Day.

And if there are far more vendors here who Baron protects, maybe it is correct. But at least we can question vendors here. Remember our long Patak thread and my recent thread on Multicharts. Multicharts probably sponsors 8 forums here but I can question them here. On BMT, no chance.

#48     Feb 7, 2013
  9. gmst

gmst

Actually this is very true.

#49     Feb 7, 2013
  10. ofthomas

ofthomas

given you are using me as a supporting argument for your case, here is what I will say and will make clear ... I was never "moderated" when I posted over @ BMT... again, read why I got banned which I stated clearly ... I wasnt "nice" to a user... and am sure that those that sided with the argument of this individual, who didnt have the slightest clue of what he was talking about, complained as well...

that is simple about BMT... if you are "rude" to others, you are gone... doesnt matter if the other was an imbecile who couldnt reason his way out of a shoe box... and it doesnt matter how much you might contribute... that was a regular thing there ... be rude.. be gone... simple..

#50     Feb 7, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.