BMT is way overhyped and misleading Vs ET

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by gmst, Feb 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amen.

No plane crashes, nobody important got killed, slow day........ so this thread gets started.

#31     Feb 7, 2013
  2. Pekelo

Pekelo

Holy smokes, this is going to be a long day....

And my estimate is that it is less than 30%. Neither of us know who is right. And again, that is NOT an annual fee.

Or it just means that people who pay for a service are more likely to return.
    I signed up at T2W years ago, and I visit it twice a year....

I said and meant exactly the OPPOSITE.

No, do your own homework. It was in the Feedback section where THIS thread belongs to by the way.

He said so. Also for mass mailing he charges 5K.... Apparently institutions also pay for some kind of datafeed...

Again, why do I care? Write a letter to the BBB. All you did here was providing free advertisement (thus more visitors) for BMT.

Congratulations!

#32     Feb 7, 2013
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

Gmst, there was a long and detailed thread breaking down Baron's annual advertising revenues. It came out to about 750k a year and he stated on that thread he had a 5 million dollar offer for his site.

Again, what is your gripe? Maybe I missed it somewhere. And btw, almost all message boards cater to newbies. You don't think ET caters to newbies? Read the top threads everyday posted on the home page. Read the titles. Do it slowly. And ask yourself who ET caters to. Most message boards have their genesis from someone wanting an answer to a question. Whether it be advice on cars, how to lose weight, popular vacation destinations or how to make money in real estate with no money down. A message board is simply a collection of people who share a common interest that seek to ask questions from a collective group. Nothing more.

And can you please tell me where the hype is? No one is hyping BMT or ET for that matter. Anyone that would hype a message board should probably be playing video games or dungeons and dragons.

#33     Feb 7, 2013
  4. gmst

gmst

I made my point well in my various posts. Enough of this topic. Lets move on! Markets showing some life today!!!

Thanks for telling me about that thread. I will be interested to read it. I will search for it. Cheers.

#34     Feb 7, 2013
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

No, you came up with a theory based on a hypothesis that had no data to substantiate said theory.

#35     Feb 7, 2013
  6. gmst

gmst

I made my point multiple times already in this thread. Now I am busy. Sorry can't help.

#36     Feb 7, 2013
  7. pyro

pyro

Sure, now that you starting to see that the majority of people is starting to go against this thread you say you're busy. How I understand you. :D

When you think you've seen it all, BAM! you see this type of thread.

It confuses me how some people get stressed out with the success of others.

Who cares if Mike have deals with vendors. Who cares if Mike charges $50 per Elite Member. Who cares if most journals are made by newbies? Do you have anything against newbies? Did you born already as a professional trader or whatever profession you have?

Also, who cares if ET traders are more profitable than BMT traders. I couldn't care less.

Man, you need to find a hobbie. Something worthwhile, like reading a good book, play chess, you know, something worthwhile.
    It's so ugly picking on your "neighbor"...

And what the hell am I doing here losing my time with a person such as yourself.

Goodbye.

#37     Feb 7, 2013
  8. gmst

gmst

Dude - Are you kidding me? cant you see markets were moving fast today morning. I am not the one to run away from debates. Or are you just a paper trader thats why you have no idea how markets were like in the morning?????

Btw, on what basis you think majority of people are against this thread? So, please don't make assumptions. No time to talk to a retard like you. Good Bye!

#38     Feb 7, 2013
  9. ofthomas

ofthomas

long ago, I was a BMT Elite member, not only that... I was a "Market Wizard"... I was banned because some idiot started an argument with me over something he knew little about and the "community" was offended by one of my responses to the guy/gal, which wasnt offensive(I dont curse or anything like that) but it certainly was demeaning..

I will make it simple... everyone on BMT are new traders... nothing wrong with that, I am still a newbie trader myself and will always be... the site is targetted to the masses, just like this one, and everyone for the most part is focusing on paper trading...

yes, BMT provides lots of webinar, etc... and as such is a great facilitator, but for whom? I view it as a middle man between those who want to learn something (aka. via shortcuts) and all the educators of the world...

when I got banned I did a brief amount of research on Big Mike and the address I got for him was tied to some credit repair businesses and the such... as I see it, BM is an astute business person.. he profits from the ads, the clients he brings to his vendors, his "elite" fees, etc... but a trader? not sure... pretty much everyone on BMT will show sim trades, but never a real blotter...

to me, getting banned was the best thing that happened... it stopped the distractions of contributing to a community that yielded little in return... BMT is all about indicators and coding... little about what will make someone actually successful...

just my 2 cents on the subject.

#39     Feb 7, 2013
  10. Code7

Code7

That's why you were able to reply within 3 minutes to pyro, because you are such a busy trader.

Every factual statement you made in this thread turned out to be utter crap. You thoroughly embarrassed and humiliated yourself, but still think of it as an accomplishment -- psychopathy in action.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=208922&perpage=6&pagenumber=3
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=108790&perpage=6&pagenumber=12

#40     Feb 7, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.