Bluestreek poll

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by marketbarometer, Jan 25, 2007.

Should Baron take a more aggressive posture with members like Bluestreek?

1. Yes, be more aggressive.

17 vote(s)
    53.1%
  2. No, stay the same.

15 vote(s)
    46.9%
  1. I have been on here a short while and have decided that I can no longer stand certain characters. So I feel its best to bring it out to the open and put it to a vote.

Should Baron be more aggressive with characters like Bluestreek who purposely spam Elitetrader with sensationalistic posts?

2. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Look, we provide two major features for dealing with this sort of issue:

1. You can put him on your ignore list if he bothers you that much, so that way you won't have to read his posts.

2. Use the complain button to report his posts to our moderators so we can deal with the issue.

You're obviously are not using either of these features so your poll is pretty much pointless.

3. Hi Baron,

I am aware of the ignore key, however, if I may make one suggestion. The ignore key only blocks out the posts by that particular user, but does not block out the entire thread. So while I do not see his particular posts, the thread with the fantastic headline remains. It would be helpful if the ignore key could also block out the threads that he initiates.

4. That's a great idea -- shouldn't be too hard to program.

5. Bluestreek is the single greatest contrarian indicator this website has ever seen...and you want to block his threads?

6. For myself, its an annoyance that I would rather not put up with...when I log onto this site, I like to read posts from different traders on different topics. Sometimes I will interject my own input into those same threads.

As for Bluestreek (and his seemingly multiple IDs), he seems to defeat my purpose for coming to this website. Instead of reading posts from different traders, I read sensationalistic posts from one individual and then he replies back to himself under a different id within minutes. His purpose here is not to trade or discuss the market, but to upset the community and throw it off topic.

The ignore key is not so useful since it wont block out the entire thread.

Im here to find ways to expand my wealth and discuss a topic that I enjoy. Im not here to read the graffiti, if you will, that one individual insists on posting up because of some insecurity that he is suffering.

I hope that does not sound rude, but I am being honest and truthful with my thoughts on this issue.

7. Baron

Baron ET Founder

It wasn't set up that way because doing that would also cause you to block out the posts of other users who reply to that thread, and those users may be people you like or who post good things on a regular basis.

8. 4re

4re

marketbarometer,
    if you look at the journals from this view it shows you who the the thread starter was. If you see his name just don't look at it.

• et.png
      File size:
      64.1 KB
      Views:
  9. And of course, setting up such an IGNORE function would cancel out literally ALL of the webhits that ET generates from the posts in the Trading Forum.

If you are an owner of a website, "hits" are everything.
    If you don't have them, then you have nothing to show to potential advertisers!

Follow the money.

10. LOL!:D
    I'm with Longhorns!

#10     Jan 31, 2007