'Blue skies smilin' at me; Nothin' but blue skies do I see'

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ByLoSellHi, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Oh boy. In a dissembling market Bylo thinks he's Edward R Murrow here. So when does the "Get the Hell Back in, " series begin?

:D

#11     Jun 1, 2009
  2. No different than when you look at commodities - and you've got small and large speculators and commercials? Well, I'm assuming when they speak about "real money" they're talking about accounts that are rebalancing reserves, or buying currencies because they need to (M+A flows, etc). So when Russian sells euros and buys dollars to maintain some Ruble sensibility, that's "Real money".

Someone please correct me if I made an error.

#13     Jun 1, 2009
  3. You would have to pry the keyboard from his cold dead hands.

#14     Jun 1, 2009
  4. Thanks. That's along the lines I was assuming.

As in buying or exchanging real currency in real time, rather than contracts.

#15     Jun 2, 2009
  5. I've been bullish before and caught hell for it - I was extremely bullish on China in very late 2006.

On a serious note, just because I'm extremely bearish doesn't mean I'm not a realist, or that I'm going to turn out to be wrong.

Time will tell.

#16     Jun 2, 2009
  6. :D What did you do? Fall and hit your head and wake up bullish for a day or two?

#17     Jun 2, 2009
  7. Cutten

Cutten

Maybe, but remember there is no obligation to trade every move. Missed opportunities do not reduce your capital by 1 cent, nor do they reduce the profit you make on your winning trades.

All that matters is how much $$$ you make. So long as you find enough opportunities to make that, and trade them well enough to bank coin, then you have done a good job.

#18     Jun 3, 2009
  8. Mvic

Mvic

You have made some very good macro calls, no question (though I would argue that Cutten's Yen call was perhaps one of the best trades I have seen posted on ET) and I too appreciate the articles you post. If I recall you have said that you don't trade in the sense that most on ET mean when they use that word so I am curious as to how you plan to profit from the market if you wouldn't mind sharing that? Are you waiting for THE low to get back in for the long term? Do you have an idea of when to expect that 2009-10-11 or will it be a case of knowing it when you see it?

Keep the info coming, thanks.

#19     Jun 4, 2009
  9. noddyboy

noddyboy

This market is set to rally given all the bearishness. The VIX is not collasping which is bullish. I am leveraged long now, and I won't hold any shorts over the weekend.

#20     Jun 4, 2009