Blue Light specials on TWS

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by trader99, Sep 13, 2019.

1. trader99

trader99

Do you any of you guys blue color status code when you are trying to execute?

https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/software/iTWS/iTWS/quickStart/Order_Status_Colors.htm

LIGHT BLUE indicates that you have transmitted your order, but have not yet received confirmation that it has been accepted by the order destination.

IB Customer Support Said:
    ================================================
    Tony L: currently it is server reset

so the order submit may be interrupt

so please manage your order and do not keep sending out numbers of same order that you do not intended to

the server will resume normal in a short period of time

================================================

So this means I can't trade overnights around 9:20pm PST because their servers are resetting? Geez. I would have made an extra $100 if I were allowed to execute at the time I was supposed to. So it got stuck. Then I had to lower my price then it executed.

At least I got out at a profit before it came back. Too scary.

@Robert Morse does your platform have server resets at night and can't execute orders?

Apparently, from 23:45-00:45 EST I should avoid trading or putting in orders.

I guess fair enough...

2. def

def Sponsor

The question to really ask is if you know of any other platform offering access to 125 different markets, in 31 countries and 22 countries 24 hours a day. The daily reset normally only takes a few minutes and if your orders were send prior to the reset, they won't be cancelled.

Note, if you are actively trading during the US server reset times, you do have the option to move to our Asian server which resets around 8:15 PM HK time. I assume in this case it doesn't help but we do have clients who request to be on specific servers to accommodate when they trade.

Of course it would indeed be ideal if we could avoid the daily reset but the complexities are quite vast when serving so many markets, sectors and products. Perhaps one day we'll get there but for now, the reset is brief and clients will have to look at this as a trade-off between missing a few minutes of opportunity during illiquid hours vs access to so many product classes and global markets.

d08, trader99 and tonyf like this.
  3. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Our equity servers on Lightspeed Trader, Sterling and Realtick are up from about 4am to 8pm ET. Most of our futures platforms run on the times of the futures markets so they likely only go down for maintenance on the weekends. You should have access from 6pm ET Sunday to Friday's close.