Blue Collar Dems PO'ed At Obama's Lavish Vacations

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Apr 26, 2012.

1. pspr

pspr

Blue collar Democratic voters, stuck taking depressing “staycations” because they can’t afford gas and hotels, are resentful of the first family’s 17 lavish vacations around the world and don’t want their tax dollars paying for the Obamas’ holidays, according to a new analysis of swing voters.

“They view everything through their own personal situation and if they can’t afford to do it, they can’t enjoy it, they don’t like Obama using their tax dollars to benefit himself,” said pollster John McLaughlin. “In this case, they see him as out of touch. While they are struggling he’s not sharing in that struggle and he’s basically doing what they can’t do on their tax dollars,” added the GOP pollster.

He and several other top-tier Republican pollsters, organized by Resurgent Republic, traveled to 11 battleground states to host focus groups of independent and swing voters, mostly Democrats, who voted for President Obama in 2008 but who are now on the fence.

McLaughlin handled blue collar and Catholic voters in Pittsburgh on April 3 and Cleveland on March 20. He found that they are very depressed about the economy and feel that their tax dollars are being sucked up by both the rich and those living on government assistance.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/polit...-blue-collar-dems-jealous-angry-obamas/538141

2. It amazes me the republicans haven't made any use of this. Michele Obama's lavish vacations alone should be a national scandal, but the media are silent of course and the republicans seem too timid to complain.

3. Lucrum

Lucrum

I think Obama's wife has more balls than the GOP of late.

4. We all know that the second someone complains about it, the race card will be used against them.

5. pspr

pspr

Well, that would depend on whether they mention how much is spent on watermellon during the trips. :D

6. JamesL

JamesL

I think it is too early in the campaign to empty your arsenal. It just gives the MSM 6 months to discredit what you have to say.

7. You may be right, but the republicans seem awfully cowed by Obama. I know part of it is fear of the racism charge, part fear of the media's counterattack and part of it they are intimidated by his high likeability ratings.

The republicans won a lot of elections by creating a negative public persona of the democrat candidate. They did it with George McGovern, they did it with Jimmy Carter, they did it with Walter Mondale, they did it with Al Gore, they did it with John Kerry, but for some reason, they never even tried to do it with the easiest guy imaginable, an affirmative action radical activist with a sordid string of associations and nothing in the way of accomplishment. So color me skeptical they have the stones to do it this time.