Blubaru's Trading Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Blubaru_555, Feb 15, 2008.

1. you got a good system on grading your trading....just don't be biased :D

#51     Mar 3, 2008
  2. do you take bigger positions than 10k would allow you to take? if so the return won't be an accurate gauge.

#52     Mar 3, 2008
  3. thanks supervol. only i can grade my own trading.. so i can use it as a gauge to see how well i think im following my rules, and breaking the rules is so easy, which sucks.

bandit77, i'm trading 1 contract at a time for each commodity, 1 for gold and 1 for ym. i'm sure the margin req is maybe right under 10k combined. if i trade the HSI it'll only be the mini-hsi from now on.

#53     Mar 4, 2008
  4. Schaefer

Schaefer

FYI, Hang Seng Mini is not authorized for US residents.

Schaefer

#54     Mar 4, 2008
  5. Really? That stinks... I guess I'll trade the HSI when I get over 12K then.

#55     Mar 4, 2008
  6. IB seems to be down. Traded gold and YM today. Gold was great, YM not so much. Took a couple trades against my rules, and hurt profits.

+400 Today.
    Discipline (1-10): 3.0

Account sits at 10,136. In the black finally!

IB better be fixed for the final hour, come on baby!

#56     Mar 4, 2008
  7. Took another trade as IB was screwing up, didn't have the chart, just the price ticker. Caught a little bit of the 3pm rally.

+560 today

Discipline(1-10): 2.8 (should've stayed away)

I'm gonna call it a day, IB is acting very screwy.

#57     Mar 4, 2008
  8. Today was a rollercoaster, broke ALOT of rules and am lucky I didn't completely blow up. Trading with less stop usage, multiple contracts, impulse trading, and feeling fear and greed every single trade. Put too much emotion into these trades, and now that the account is positive again, I'm starting to get greedy. Traded alot of gold, and a few YMs. I'm done for the day, keeping today positive, and not letting myself break any more rules. Really coulda blown-up today if I had worse luck than I got.

+107

Acct sits at 10,402 from 10K.

Discipline (1-10): 2.0

#58     Mar 5, 2008
  9. Not a good trading day. Every trade was horrible. Did not blow up too much, but very undisciplined trading today. I'm stopping for the day. I'm so confused at the DJ right now, it's extremely choppy and headfaking me like crazy. Account is in the red again, but not by much.

-628 today

Discipline 1-10: 2.5

I'm gonna try a new strategy tomorrow, and only do 1 maybe 2 trades in YM, and use a wider stop.

#59     Mar 6, 2008
  10. 1st Week -926
    2nd Week +942
    3rd Week -801
    4th Week -250

I'm on a vacation this week, but still trading. I'm really starting to not feel losses anymore, but I'm not sure if thats a good thing. I'm visiting my dad, and I'm showing him how I daytrade while he shouts at me which way he thinks the market is headed, and it's kind of messing me up. The account is down 2600 right now, at 8400. Gonna trade with no funny business tomorrow, and go home on Sunday. I've gotten to the point now, where I'm comfortable with executing my system, so I'm gonna try to post some charts of what I'm doing, and see if it looks ok.

Btw, I'm reading this book "Trend Following" I checked out at the library, has anybody read this book?

#60     Mar 12, 2008