Blowing Up

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by blowingup2012, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Illum

Illum

"That time could have been spent with family, building social relationships"

Pathetic, needy, wormy. Grow a pair.

#51     Mar 10, 2012
  2. Exactly. For everybody thinking that Al Brooks is going to make you a profitable trader:

He has a live trading room and he calls only trades when they are already formed and they are already profitable. He says: "Oh I just took that xyz setup trade"

Be real. If this system is real there is no need to call out a trade only when it already showed it's a winner. If the system is real you call a trade when you place a trade. Al Brooks is a guru who makes money selling books and having a live trading room. He's not a good trader. He wants to be a guru.

#52     Mar 11, 2012
  3. There is plenty of value here.....wether one "makes it" or not, the missed time & scarifice of time one will never recoup & the most regrettable for me as one can never buy back lost time.

My father in-laws time was up..he knew it & i did not...as he more or less pleaded with me to fly out to vegas as he needed to confide in me about a family matter that eventually surfaced & rocked the family.I was too "locked in" to my positions to read between the lines...next time i saw him ,he was stretched out in a casket & never forgave myself for it.

I believe this to be an honest,accurate message regardless of whom wrote it.

#53     Mar 11, 2012
  4. Lots of posters on ET spread false information. They are trying to make money out of innocent small traders.

Be careful, small traders, there are lots of thieves on this website!

#54     Mar 12, 2012
  5. When you have an open forum then there are all types of people with different motivations. Even though some may seem well intentioned, they still may not have your best interests at heart...think Madoff...At the end of the day, I only trust hardcopy brokerage statements. Whats said here is just writing on the bathroom wall and thats as far as you can trust it. Even if a person has hardcopy statements of their performance, there is no telling if their run will end tomorrow.

You are much better off doing your own research and educating yourself through the usual popular trading books. Keep in mind, Al Brook's strategy might work well for him, but you might not be able to reproduce it. Jesse Livermore's strategy is also something you may not be able to reproduce.

I once developed a simply profitable strategy of daytrading CSCO. I got a dime here and a dime there. It wasnt outstanding where I gained 15% in a day, but it worked and was consistent. It was a strategy which I understood. When I started listening to others, then my trading became worse. When I used someone else's strategy, I lost money. So its possible that after reading Al Brook's book you could be losing money...

#55     Mar 12, 2012
  6. If the book makes money like magic, as someone claimed, why does he/she tell you the secret?

#56     Mar 12, 2012
  7. BSAM

BSAM

blowingup2012
    03-05-12 07:06 PM
    ...I am done with this website otherwise and will not come back to reply to any responses....

#57     Mar 12, 2012
  8. NoDo is loco.

#58     Mar 12, 2012
  9. Al Brooks doesn't work because trading is all about automated backtesting of 100's of setups and finding one that works. Al brooks book give you a few setups. thats all. it doesnt teach you how to backtests how to select etc. thus it fails. worst of all, the setups he gives aren't backtested.

I will say this, buy AAPL every day, keeps your trading account gay. There, I just gave you a setup now give me 50$.

#59     Mar 12, 2012
  10. Specterx

Specterx

I'm not sure you want to reproduce his strategy. He did after all go broke and commit suicide.

#60     Mar 12, 2012