Blow up

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by straddler, May 20, 2003.

1. Well it looks like this boy is going to throw in the towel. I have made a number of mistakes in the past 6 months and have gone through my start-up capital. I have been in this business for over 10 years and have seen its ups and downs. Probably have to get a real job now. Wondering if anyone out there is interested in a) hiring or b) funding. Thanks.

2. nkhoi

nkhoi

journal your blow up, you may get some free advies out of it.

3. I don't understand -- you have been doing this for 10 years but went through your startup capital just now?

Thanks for clarifying,

Dickie Greenleaf

4. greenleaf.

I have been in the business with opm for 10 years. Went out on my own last year. Thought I would do better. Stopped out.

5. nitro

nitro

Were you writing or buying straddles?

nitro

6. nitro,

was long some premium, mostly not obeying stops and doubling up losers. a lot of really bad trades.

7. TGregg

TGregg

I just heard the first part of that on a local radio show - where Bill Murray says "you will achieve total consiscousness when you die."

8. doubling up losers is the sin of all sin. What have you learned all these years.

9. nkhoi

nkhoi

...it take only 1 year to disprove the theory accumulated in the last 10 years!:D

10. swoop,

10 years of experience did not give me the cushion to cut my losses and ride my winners. Trying to scalp and produce day in and day out small gains was my intended strategy. What happens is the idea that my position is correct and waiting for the market to catch up to it. That only works for the big boyz who have the deep pockets. Well, at least I have my health.

#10     May 20, 2003