Blow Up Day!!!!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Flashboy, Jul 16, 2003.

1. nice post Scientist

#31     Jul 17, 2003
  2. Hey Girlpower! As always, you make me envy you deeply...

Not only that you know how to scalp with a 90-95% hitrate,
    but on top of that I'd love to be in your position to just say "I'm bored. Let's create some action spikes!"... :D

What RU flippin' doin' it on the ES, Natalie? 250-lots? :p

Amazedly,
    ~Scientist

#32     Jul 17, 2003
  3. I think only professionals are aware that CASH is also the most dangerous position - Since it has the power to jump in from the sidelines anytime to change the flow of the market!

Many amateur traders tend to think just in term of buyers and sellers. In reality, they're the least threatening, because they have already made their commitment! The big threat are the third party that could jump in anytime. And it's them they have to get confused in order to get their commitment to either bias!

There are always 3 positions: LONG - FLAT - SHORT.
    It's good to bear that in mind before considering a trade.

Just a note on the sidelines. This really applied in the ES today. Have Fun Folks!
    ~The Scientist

#33     Jul 17, 2003
  4. Scientist

I'm not in that position nor ever have been, but I have been fortunate enough to work with others that were very much in that position. (Just keeping the record straight).

No - I do not have the money to trade 250 lots either nor ever have been fortunate enough to be able.

As to scalping hit rate - I wish...

:p

best

Natalie

#34     Jul 17, 2003
  5. As always, you are damn right indahook...

"Illogical Overextension" is actually what I meant. I meant "when it looks logically overextended". But yeah. I meant when it looks overextended for no logical reasons. Or logically. Or logically or not... Umm... :confused:

Gee this is a sticky concept. Let's call Stephen Hawking and see what he says about overextension...

As always, I'm shocked at your observation and evaluation, indahook. You must be a scary trader.

Damn Devildogs ain't miss sight of anything... :p

Yours,
    ~Scientist

#35     Jul 17, 2003
  6. Yeah no false modesty here now that would be just inappropriate.

Are you considering any mentorship programs? :p

~Scientist

#36     Jul 17, 2003
  7. You mean finding a mentor? Hey now that would indeed be a good idea - some days are ok but others I really need one. :p

Natalie

#37     Jul 17, 2003
  8. I appreciate the compliments but I don`t know anything...and thats the way I like it. :cool:
    Stephen Hawking and yourself on the other hand..........

#38     Jul 17, 2003
  9. hi. i used to do the same thing. do good in the morning because i thin i'm all awake and ready and then screw up in the afternoon.now i just leave to protect myself from myself. i still feel guilty because i feel i'm being lazy but oh well. i just try and make a living and not try and become george soros.

#39     Jul 17, 2003
  10. lol. i like that. and i thought i was the only one. sometimes i wonder if there was a news flash in the bond pits

*alert* steeldust has just covered his short,you may now sell.lol

#40     Jul 17, 2003