Blotter Time (Put up or shut up)

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Diamondtrim, May 11, 2005.

1. Trade-Ideas automates me looking for set ups. I never sit there and look at news or try to figure out what is going on, I just have my various TI windows open and they are giving me things to look at all during the day. I click on a symbol look up charts and then either trade or pass. The real nice thing for me is I can automate any strategy with TI. I have one window for breakouts I have another for false breakouts, another one for pullbacks etc. To me it is the key factor. Way back in the day I was a SOES bandit when we traded the same INTC, DELL, and all that crap. Market is so different now that unless you have something similar to TI I just don't know how you can compete with people that do.

#51     May 12, 2005
    #52     May 12, 2005
  3. How did everyone do today? Was a decent day here, although, the fact that I am loaded up with positions means I see some great potential for tomorrow. Some of these stocks just got creamed today. What's up with COP and GS, APC and APA? Tomorrow will tell!

Here's my P&L for today, traded 206,700 shares according to my REDI.

Good trading to all!

Mike

If you click on the lower right of the P&L screen, you should be able to enlarge the picture to get a better view.

#53     May 12, 2005
  4. Well, I cannot compete in volume with anyone here but I had an average day. Been trading fairly small and infrequently lately.

Still holding some stuff from yesterday and holding leftover TASR and VRTX from today.

Mike

#54     May 12, 2005
  5. Nice trading day, It's all about making money, if you can do that trading 5k shares that's all that matters.

Would be nice to have a few other ET'rs share their day. I know that someone out there caught that move in the oils and just killed it.

Good trading to all!

Mike

#55     May 12, 2005
  6. So...you're long $590K and short $555K overnight?

#56     May 12, 2005
  7. Yes, Generally I trade hedged, with my longs and shorts within 20%. I have some good positions on, tomorrow will tell how good they really are?:) As for my size, that is about par for the course for me. I like to have something to make money with, some opgs have been pretty dull lately, having positions to work takes the pressure off.

#57     May 12, 2005
  8. pjbreen

pjbreen

Part of COP was that it went Ex-D today. So if you had that on from yesterday you have a nice bonus coming.

PJ.

#58     May 12, 2005
  9. What does Ex-D mean?

Thanks,

Mike

#59     May 12, 2005
  10. The stock will trade ex-dividend, literally means without the dividend. I will get paid the dividend in a few days to a few weeks, but, the stock gets marked against me and results in a loss. The end result is usually a wash. If I trade the spread profitably, then I collected the dividend and made money on the spread, a win-win situation.

#60     May 12, 2005