Blotter Time (Put up or shut up)

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Diamondtrim, May 11, 2005.

1. Yes, it will work if it's still on your machine.

#41     May 12, 2005
  2. #42     May 12, 2005
  3. Sweet P/L I love to see it !!!!! What are you doing for charting, analytics, etc.

#43     May 12, 2005
  4. how many of you posters are trading retail way ?
    with only 4 X 1 BP

how many of you are trading prop way ?
    with 10 X 1 or more BP ?

what is more important to me is

if you are trading prop or retail in a room with other traders ... how your group is doing
    how the turnover is ... ( % of traders still there
    after a yr or two )

:)

#44     May 12, 2005
  5. timbo

timbo

Easy now, this could be a new profit opportunity.

Hire a couple of dumb pilots - send them into the no-fly zone, short the farm, cover/reverse once the feds finishes its interrogation, and then let the money roll in.

#45     May 12, 2005
  6. not true. it depends on your style. do you think swing traders need to trade 50k a day?

#46     May 12, 2005
  7. Are you guys here who trade 100K+ volume daily mostly automated? Any discretionary traders here who only trade a handful of stocks trading that kind of volume?

#47     May 12, 2005
  8. Personally I think the way I trade is more tiptronic. A lot of automation for spotting opportunities combined with manual entries.

#48     May 12, 2005
  9. My opens are a combination of automated and manual order entry, then, later in the day I trade a "grey" box program that gets me in, and I manage the exits if I can react fast enough.

I typically do 60 to 150k on the open alone.

Good trading to you, GURU!

Mike

#49     May 12, 2005
  10. Are you saying that Trade Ideas' alerts integrated into your trading plan in effect give you the automation you need?
    Or, do they facilitate your automated program as a major component within a gray/black box system?

#50     May 12, 2005