Bloombergs New 'Responsible Gun Control Ad Features Irresponsible Handling of Shotgun

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Mar 25, 2013.

1. wjk

wjk

I agree with you that background checking roommates is absurd. Bearing responibility for actions taken with a weapon left behind may be another story. That would be my concern leaving one with someone I know. I agree that I don't want to be held responsible for the actions of others, but I don't want to enable someone who I may not know as well as I thought.

#11     Mar 25, 2013
  2. JamesL

JamesL

Dem Senator On Nanny Bloomberg: “I Don’t Take Gun Advice From The Mayor Of New York City”…

Sen. Mark Pryor (D-Ark.) pushed back against television ads from a group backed by New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg encouraging lawmakers to support gun control bills.

“I don’t take gun advice from the Mayor of New York City,” Pryor said in a statement. “I listen to Arkansans.”

The $12 million ad campaign, which depicts gun owners supporting background checks, is being run in conservative states represented by Democrats and states represented by Republicans who the group said “they can most influence the upcoming Senate vote.”

Pryor, who is up for reelection next year, is one of a handful of Democrats believed to be unlikely to support gun control legislation.

#12     Mar 26, 2013
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

[​IMG]

#13     Mar 26, 2013
  4. pspr

pspr

Bloomberg is wasting his $12 million. Of course, to him that is like you or I wasting $100 or so.

There is no gun ban happening in Congress. It's only happening at the state level. I suspect most of what is being passed in states like New York and Colorado will eventually be overturned by SCOTUS.

#14     Mar 26, 2013
  5. I'd be happy if he'd put his entire net worth into it.

#15     Mar 26, 2013
  6. With this kind of economic credentials imagine what he'd do for the country.
    Dems have another jewel in their crown for 2016 , and furthermore Wall St. will love him.:cool:.

#16     Mar 26, 2013
  7. pspr

pspr

LOL. Not a chance in hell. Really.

#17     Mar 26, 2013
  8. LEAPup

LEAPup

They're wanting to get into medical records with the "enhanced" backgrounds. Oh yes, all those guys THEY screwed up in Iraq and Afghan will be shit out of luck when it comes to protecting their families with a firearm, even though they're well trained with them.:mad:

#18     Mar 26, 2013
  9. Just looking at the screenshot of the ad, I see many subliminal clues. The entire scene is obviously fake, and shows a very careless situation. Note the gun facing the kids (even though they are across the yard, behind it - the mind still picks up their location in 2-d).

Then there is the gentleman sitting on the truck. He's clearly a stereotypical country hick, the type that city slickerz do not feel comfortable around.

Finger on the trigger (even liberals will see this and get a jolt of terror).

It's all classic marketing - designed to influence the emotions, not the logic of the viewer.

"Sell the sizzle, not the steak"; or in this case - sell the dangerous image, despite the message.

#19     Mar 26, 2013
  10. LEAPup

LEAPup

Pure propaganda akin to Hitler's days in that ad. And did you notice while kids are around, he's got the freaking action closed and into battery, ready to fire? My gun range would suspend a member for a month for that. Second time would be for life. Where do these sick lunatics come from these days? Wow!

#20     Mar 26, 2013