Bloomberg: Worse financial crisis in 1600 years

Discussion in 'Economics' started by bond tr4der, Dec 6, 2008.

1. Neat read,BondTr;
    Well probably barbarians outside the country may not be biggest threat.

The character, especially of Citigroup execs getting undeserved bonuses, or GM private jet setters trying to jawbone some undeserved gov handouts-well eventually the chickens come home to roost

Bloomberg had an interestng article this week about US beef producers losing out with thier antibiotic fed beef. They lost to Uruguay free range natural beef, in the Asian market.

That was marketplace choices;hope the gov doesnt slap a ''global warming tax'' on dairy cow fertilizer.Chololate milk , if available at all ,could spike/LOL

Bear market rally;
    it was overdue.

:cool:

#11     Dec 6, 2008
  2. clacy

clacy

That will never happen.

#12     Dec 6, 2008
  3. Edit the title to say worst not worse, bbg wouldnt make that mistake :p

#14     Dec 6, 2008
  4. What a huge exaggeration. Most of us still live in a home, have heat, a car, a some money in the bank, food on the table, enough to eat to get fat. I'm tired of all the negativity. This article definitely marks the end of the crisis. It's like a competition for the most negative hyperbole these days.

#15     Dec 6, 2008
  5. Economic conditions were a bit worse during the fall of Rome than what we're seeing now. Chariot sales plunged 50% in 476-I remember going to a gladiator contest at the Colosseum that summer and the place was dead as a morgue. I still say if the Bank of Rome had eased earlier the crisis could've been mitigated.

#16     Dec 6, 2008
  6. So F*cking stupid, I want the 2 min of my life back from reading that and posting this.

#17     Dec 6, 2008
  7. I heard that this was the worst disaster to hit the planet since that big meteor hit off of Mexico and killed off all the dinosaurs. - - -

#18     Dec 6, 2008
  8. Il Principe

Il Principe Guest

I must say I went long togas when Rome dumped...took awhile for the trade to work out(abt 1500 yrs), but thanks Belush, you're my savior.

#19     Dec 6, 2008
  9. BSAM

BSAM

Hey, a Little George Bush only comes around every 1500 years or so.

#20     Dec 6, 2008