Bloomberg warns US jobless riots

Discussion in 'Economics' started by turkeyneck, Sep 17, 2011.

1. luisHK

luisHK

How many employees are working for Foxx con ? What is the suicide rate ? It's too late to sppend much time googling the issue but i'm pretty sure I read in The Economist a couple of weeks ago the suicide rate was actually on par or below the China's suicide rate.

Besides I'd much favour suicidal jobless folks than rioters.

#51     Sep 18, 2011
  2. wartrace

wartrace

Who said anything about mercy? I was explaining that the evidence suggests that the average American is drowning in debt. Just look at the growth in mortgage debt in the past ten years (from 2tr to 9tr). At the same time the median income has declined.

It is difficult to start a business as it is but when you have huge debt service to meet it is even more so.

I have acknowledged that these debt levels are nothing more than additional chains of slavery for the working class.

#52     Sep 18, 2011
  3. wartrace

wartrace

The suicides at the Foxxcon facility were just mentioned as an amusing anecdote. The real issue is that ALL of Apples manufacturing is done in China so to point to their success is meaningless in a discussion about the job situation in the United States.

Oh, another thing I hate about Apple is the limited lifespan built into their products. Denninger mentioned the batteries can't be replaced so once they die Apple wants you to buy another I(m)-screwed device...LOL

#53     Sep 18, 2011
  4. piezoe

piezoe

You have a big problem with "..this whole liberal democrat elitist idea that people need jobs" , and I have a big problem with that label "liberal" which is just as meaningless as the label "conservative" unless you add qualifiers. What is the point in using those labels, as by themselves they no longer have any specific meaning.

#54     Sep 18, 2011
  5. i think you have a narrow view. a lot of homes can be painted for 100 - 200 a room easy so explain to me how 4 guys are able to live on that? its easy to invent ideas. where is there business insurance? did the open up a legal business even? are you a supporter of not paying taxes?

#55     Sep 18, 2011
  6. do you dislike gay people too and are pro life?

#56     Sep 18, 2011
  7. mostly just to make shallow minded people mad.

#57     Sep 19, 2011
  8. Yes, I am an ardent supporter of not paying taxes. That's why I like munis.

#58     Sep 19, 2011
  9. no, I'm anti life

I like gay people, I mean not LIKE LIKE, I just mean like, you know what I mean.

HEY, I"M NOT GAY! OK? I mean that was just a one time thing, and I was young and didn't know about adams apples. I thought it was the thing Eve gave to Adam, and in my church, she was the hottest thing going.

#59     Sep 19, 2011
  10. yeah. the solution is not NOT taxing and keep spending, like the republicans. at least the "liberals" seem to try to balance the checkbook. the republicans just fatten their own wallets while demonizing the lesser of two evils.

#60     Sep 19, 2011